News Breakfast

I’m under no obligation to reveal it but I voted Labor and am pleased with them forming a majority government.

That doesn’t mean I can’t call out some of their extremely vocal supporters who have warped ideas about media and how the political system works. There’s a strong focus on right wing nut jobs of which there are plenty, however if you don’t think there’s nut jobs on the left then I can only conclude you must be blind to them and their bias and parochial views.

3 Likes

Tony adds a lot to the show,he has a great rapport with the team.
His sport segments are very laid back which is really needed on a very heavy news day.

2 Likes

This is delusional. If you think that the majority of other journalists don’t harbour their own political preferences in private, you are delusional. All that matters is that they conduct their public job with impartiality - which Fauziah does.

Her Twitter page or whatever the list thing was, wasn’t private so she’s fair game. She works for the ABC who pride themselves on being neutral and impartial. She isn’t and it was proven in public. She can’t be trusted now due to the public knowing where her loyalties lie.

Except their Twitter activity is public.

2 Likes

Why are they still social distancing on set? I am covid cautious as anyone but I’m pretty sure health advice has moved on from it…

it was a private list accidentally made public. therefore she did not intend for her private politics to enter her public role. so no, she is not fair game. don’t be so quick to write off women like that.

I’d have exactly the same reaction and opinion if she were a man. Not sure why you’re bringing gender into this but whatever it takes to make your point I guess?

Like I’ve said now three times, regardless of her political views she’s a rather shitty presenter anyway and everyone who has filled in for her has been 100 times better.

3 Likes

Updated -

Dan Bourchier will be hosting Weekend Breakfast with Fauziah this weekend and next weekend.

4 Likes

Wednesday 8 June & Thursday 9 June-

Stephanie Ferrier is hosting with Michael.

Thursday 9 June & Friday 10 June-

Michael Rennie presented sport from Brisbane with Tony off sick.

4 Likes

Next week -

Iskhandar Razak with be hosting with Lisa for a few weeks.

6 Likes

Tony Armstrong live from Fed Square this morning for the World Cup qualifier.

6 Likes

New Breakfast coverage of World Cup qualifier included Tony Armstrong commentating the end of the game live. Strangely ABC didn’t have any images of the game until the 7:30 news break and we didn’t get to see the final save in full until around 7:45 when Tony was back in the studio.

6 Likes

ABC didn’t have the broadcast rights (so they couldn’t show the projection off the big screen at Federation Square), and had to record the pictures from 10’s live feed.

2 Likes

Seven and Nine had vision off 10’s coverage immediately - ABC didn’t for over 30 minutes and even then it was minimal. They didn’t show full coverage of the goal save until 45 minutes later.

1 Like

Lisa Miller apolosing this morning

“What I said and the clumsy way I said it was wrong. I’m human, we mess up, I made a mistake yesterday and I’m sorry.”

Tony’s reaction to the win was priceless but even in the hour lead-up, News Breakfast’s coverage was painful to watch.

Lisa and Isk were clearly not across the game as they tried to commentate on the run. @TV.Cynic as you say, no overlay of what on earth they were talking about. Then, mid interview, they would abruptly give a score update that the producer had just fed them. When they crossed to Tony, unfortunately it didn’t get better. We had to watch him as he was watching the game. Remember, still no pictures.

All their rolling coverage did was remind viewers that the game was on. I’m not a football fan, but me watching them watch the game made me want to switch to watch the game for myself instead!

3 Likes

Wednesday 15 June -

David Speers is hosting with Lisa.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Distancing is gone, and the couch is now one piece one more!

7 Likes