News Breakfast

Yep, for about 3-4 months.

1 Like

4 Likes

Hamish’s work on RN Breakfast was fantastic, savage and uncompromising as a journalist. Today I got the impression he’s not as comfortable on camera - in fact, he looked downright uncomfortable during this morning’s interview with Sarah Hanson-Young.

I think he’s just more content and relaxed these days.

3 Likes

Good to see Hamish being utilised as a freelance across different networks, a top overseas and investigative journalist, always liked his style. Enjoyed his stints on The Project this year.

Although he’s copped his criticism too, remember the gaffe back in I think 2012, when he posted a photo of himself and a handful of other Ten identities at a party? While hundreds of staff were being given the chop, including Kath Robinson after years presenting and her husband Chris Reason of Seven called him out big time?

I seem to recall he joined Ten in early 2010 part time, as “Senior Foreign Correspondent”, seen in the Middle East, etc. before joining full time and gaining bigger roles.

5 Likes

Michael returns from holidays on Monday.

1 Like

Dan Bourchier hosting with Johanna on Weekend Breakfast.

Lara Hyams will be presenting weather next week filling in for Nate.

Nate will be working on Invictus Games coverage, he will be co-hosting Opening ceremony.

3 Likes

Nick Dole co-hosting with Johanna on Weekend Breakfast this weekend.

1 Like

Wednesday -
Madeleine Morris co-hosting with Michael.
Virginia is off sick today.

2 Likes
3 Likes

ABC TV’s News Breakfast is turning 10!

From 6am Friday 2 November

The ABC’s flagship morning television news program News Breakfast is celebrating its 10th Birthday on Friday November 2nd with an outdoor birthday bash on the banks of Melbourne’s Yarra River.

Since its launch in 2008, News Breakfast has steadily built its audience by delivering intelligent and engaging news coverage. It draws on the ABC’s network of national and international correspondents to deliver comprehensive coverage of the day’s news, compelling guests and lively and entertaining conversations. It’s a combination which is clearly hitting the right note, the show is bucking breakfast audience trends, increasing reach year on year.

November’s birthday celebration will involve a live three hour outside broadcast from Southbank in Melbourne, with viewers invited to come along and be part of the show.

Co-hosts Michael Rowland and Virginia Trioli will be joined by Paul Kennedy, Del Irani, Nate Byrne and Georgie Tunny.

Virginia Trioli was there from the beginning, “I’m so thrilled that ten years after we started this program with a few tin cans and a length of string – and the most dedicated, and hard-working production and presenting teams in the country – that we have created this incredible community of dedicated viewers that just continues to grow. Please come and join us!”

Michael Rowland says the birthday broadcast will put the audience front and centre. “We wouldn’t have made 10 years if it wasn’t for the trust placed in us by our amazing viewers right around the country. It has been a privilege informing and (hopefully) entertaining them every morning. Thank you all!'”

The News Breakfast 10th birthday special will air on November 2nd, from 6am on ABC, ABC News and iview.

8 Likes

That’s going to be a special broadcast - having the whole News Breakfast team together for a show is about as rare as someone’s chances of winning Tattslotto

13 Likes

Lara Hyams presenting weather again this week with Nate reporting from Sydney on the Invictus Games this week.

2 Likes

Nate is back presenting the weather this week.

4 Likes

good read… the show has come along way in 10 years.

As I’ve previously stated, hopefully we see a new set soon.

1 Like

Although it certainly won’t win awards for creativity or innovation, the current set for News Breakfast is probably the best one the program has had in its 10 year history.

Let’s see the program (and the rest of ABC News in general) upgraded to HD production first, then we can talk about new sets.

1 Like

4 Likes