News Breakfast

I didn’t see Lisa on this morning… I’m assuming she might now be heading to London ?

2 Likes
1 Like

Explains why Matt Doran (not the Sunrise host) is hosting Afternoon Briefing this week.

1 Like

Lisa Miller filed a report from London that appeared on the ABC main bulletin

6 Likes

Ugh, he has terrible presenting traits. Does he always cross his arms, twiddle his thumbs, do fake looks down at the desk monitor every few seconds and… tALK…like…this? I much prefer Isk.

Lots of negative comments online (certainly not uncommon) but my favourite is definitely this:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeW24578719/status/1569443505411620864?s=20&t=PLCBqziSO2tmAfebUA2ZAA

2 Likes

Monday (19.09.2022): Michael hosted from London in the lead up to The Queen’s funeral. Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett hosting back in studio.

Tuesday (20.09.2022): Michael is hosting live from London and Lisa live from Windsor with special coverage on The Queen’s funeral. Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett are hosting back in studio.

Wednesday (21.09.2022): Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett hosting, with Michael and Lisa is transit.

Thursday (22.09.2022): Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett are hosting. Catherine Murphy on sport.

Friday (23.09.2022): Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett are hosting. Catherine Murphy presenting sport live from the MCG ahead of the AFL Grand Finale.

3 Likes

I like Greg - I think he’s done really well over the past week on Breakfast.

Sounds like you’re describing Joe O’Brien. Must be an ABC thing.

2 Likes

I was wondering what happened to her? Good to see her back.

6am?

David Chu is now joining weekend breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays to present finance

5 Likes

One of their best presenters. Wish they’d use Lorna more, especially on Weekend Breakfast.

5 Likes

Monday (26.09.2022): Michael and Lisa are back from London. Lucy Carter, who is a producer on the show, is presenting sport today.

Friday (30.09.2022): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Michael today. Nate is doing weather from a tulip farm in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria.

2 Likes

Live to Michael Rennie in Brisbane to discuss NSW’s push to scrap isolation requirements?

Interesting decision.

1 Like

Monday (03.10.2022) - Tuesday (04.10.2022): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Lisa.

Friday (07.10.2022): Nate is presenting weather live from the Australian Space Discovery Centre in Adelaide.

1 Like

I find Michael hard to listen to. He always seems to be stumbling over his words or not sure what to say next.

1 Like

That seems to be an ABC trait.

News B and Sunrise at the same location

5 Likes

Would much prefer the NB weather.

2 Likes