News Breakfast

same. cant stand sam mac

1 Like

That’s gold… I think both Seven and ABC audiences can get something out of that one.

3 Likes

Difference though is ABC is just a reporter while Channel 7 is the quirky weather presenter.

3 Likes

Monday (10.10.2022): SA journalist Emma Rebellato is presenting sport this morning. She’s a very competent presenter.

Friday (14.10.2022): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Lisa this morning, as Michael is off sick. Emma Rebellato is on sport.

3 Likes
2 Likes

you’d hope so, presenting is her job haha!
Hopefully they use more of her while she’s there.

2 Likes

Haha, I knew someone was going to say this. Some presenters aren’t very comfortable in a more relaxed slot. That wasn’t the case with Emma. She was one of the best non-regular fill-ins they’ve had on in ages. She could easily host the show I think. By what they were saying on Friday, it sounds like she’s moved to Melbourne.

Why especially Breakfast? She’s a bit serious.

1 Like

Monday (17.10.2022) - Friday (21.10.2022): Michael is live in Echuca with special coverage on the Victorian flooding.

Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Lisa back in studio. Emma Rebellato doing sport.

2 Likes

Includes coverage of flooding in Tasmania and NSW.

4 Likes

Michael Rowland also did live crosses from Echuca for ABC’s 7pm Victorian bulletin today, introducing a series of reports on flood situation across northern Victoria.

2 Likes

Tuesday (25.10.2022): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Michael this morning.

Wednesday (26.10.2022): Lisa is live from the Parliament House courtyard with special coverage on the federal budget.

Madeleine is out and about talking to families and business for their reactions to the budget in west Melbourne.

Thursday (27.10.2022): Emma Rebellato is presenting weather today.

Friday (28.10.2022): Nate is doing the weather from Avalon Beach in NSW.

2 Likes

The ABC has notified police over a racist email sent to Tony Armstrong after the Indigenous sports presenter called out the abuse and vowed never to stop advocating for his people.

3 Likes

Obviously there’s no place for racism in this country but what do they want the police to do? It wasn’t a threatening email so I’m confused at what the police can do about this?

Potentially a restraining order?

Based on what though? He didn’t threaten Tony’s life. They have nothing on him.

You want the deginition of the crime according to NSW Police?

What is a hate crime?

A hate crime is a criminal offence motivated against persons, associates of persons, property or society that is motivated, in whole or in part, by an offender’s hate against an individual’s or group’s actual or perceived; race, religion, ethnic/national origin, sex/gender, gender identity, age, disability status, sexual orientation or homeless status.

A hate incident is an incident committed against persons, associates of persons, property or society that is motivated, in whole or in part, by an offender’s hate against an individual’s or group’s actual or perceived; race, religion, ethnic/national origin, gender, gender identity, age, disability status, sexual orientation or homeless status but does not constitute a criminal offence.

2 Likes

There doesn’t need to be a threat for the police to investigate it and the whole email hasn’t been made public, so we don’t know the entire contents.

See who the cc’d recipients of that email are, says a lot about the problem we have in Australia.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I didn’t realise the whole email wasn’t released. Fair enough. Good point. Thank you.

Nice to see the full team on this morning.

3 Likes

Tuesday (01.11.2022): Tony and Catherine Murphy did sport from Flemington ahead of the Melbourne Cup.

Friday (04.11.2022): Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Michael this morning.

2 Likes