News Breakfast

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Tony Armstrong has knocked back offers from commercial networks to remain at the ABC, where he is writing and developing a comedy series.

5 Likes

Good on him… The ABC currently are giving him a great platform to do a number of things.

6 Likes

That’s part of Stellar magazine’s interview with Tony which appears in today’s News Corp papers, that I initially mentioned on Thursday.

He reveals he’s writing TV scripts that are “both very different. One is super absurdist and not something you would expect to come out of the head of someone who’s reading the news on ABC.”

While other networks would no doubt welcome the chance to bring Armstrong into their fold, he tells Stellar he remains committed to the ABC. “Maybe I’ve had [other offers] but I’m managed by three wonderful women,” he says, “and they’re my Fort Knox.”

2 Likes

Monday 8 August

Nadia Daly is presenting Finance for a month.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Dan Boucher is hosting weekend Breakfast with Fauziah Ibrahim on Saturday 13 August.

3 Likes

Friday (19.08.2022): Nour Haydar finishes her two-week hosting stint this morning. Lisa is due back on Monday.

Nate is on a scheduled day off today. No weather fill-in was rostered.

1 Like

Tuesday (23.08.2022)- Thursday (25.08.2022) Tony was in the NT shooting a story for the show. No sports fill-in was rostered.

Friday (26.08.2022): Stephanie Ferrier is co-hosting with Michael this morning, as Lisa is on assignment.

2 Likes

One of Tony’s segment’s in the NT.

1 Like

Thursday (01.09.2022) - Friday (02.09.2022): Nate is on leave. No weather fill-in has been rostered.

1 Like

Monday (05.09.2022): Stephanie Ferrier is co-hosting with Michael this morning, as Lisa is sick. No weather fill-in again today.

Tuesday (06.09.2022) - Thursday (08.09.2022): Madeleine Morris is back from her three month secondment to co-host with Michael. Stephanie Ferrier is presenting the weather for the first time, while Nate is on holidays.

3 Likes

I like the rotating presenters

ABC News Breakfast commencing at 4am with news on Queen Elizabeth

4 Likes

4am start - seems to be a problem getting a local link to London

3 Likes

Well done to News Breakfast in getting to air at 4am this morning. On air for 5 hours. Great coverage by all involved on this historical day

5 Likes

Michael told The Guardian Australia on Friday that he would fly to London to anchor the ABC’s coverage of the Queen’s funeral, including News Breakfast. He said:

It is absolutely the biggest story I’ll cover live and, like every other broadcasting outfit, we have been doing rehearsal after rehearsal over the years and mock presentations on the Queen’s death and finally everything kicked into gear.

4 Likes

Nobody needs to know that and it really shouldn’t be publicly stated even if some are aware rehearsals and obit packages are regularly recorded and updated for high profile people. It is even more embarrassing that they’ve admitted to this given ABC-TV’s appallingly fumbled coverage since Thursday night.

5 Likes

There are few major news events that you get to prepare for - the coverage we’ve seen across the board makes you wonder whether its actually worth the effort to be allegedly so prepared for the day/week it happens.

That said, the ABC have really dropped the ball in recent times with their coverage of big events - they’ll no doubt blame the lack of money.

2 Likes

Monday (12.09.2022): Michael is live in London this week ahead of The Queen’s funeral. Madeleine Morris is co-hosting with Lisa back in the studio. No weather fill-in rostered again this morning.

Tuesday (13.09.2022) - Friday (16.09.2022): Madeleine Morris and Greg Jennett are hosting, with Michael live in London. Lisa is also en route to London for ABC News.

2 Likes

Nate Byrne will be back presenting weather tomorrow (Tuesday).

3 Likes