Newcastle Radio

Ah, thought the regionals were all on NexGen

1 Like

yeah all bar Newwy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just the former MacBank stations- NX and KO have been Austereo stations for much longer, all of which are using Maestro.

2 Likes

NXFM Is Moving To A New Home!

KOFM Is Moving To A New Home!

So NX, KO, Southern Cross Ten, will be more or less next to Prime7 at Honeysuckle.

The new playout will probably be Zetta?

1 Like

I wonder with these new “TV production facilities” also in Honeysuckle alongside NX and KO could this be where the new playout for Southern Cross Ten will be from July 1? SC 10’s coverage will shrink to just Northern NSW, Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill from July 1?

No.
Firstly, the building isn’t finished yet. Secondly, it will be easiest and cheapest to run all tv playout from the same location. Thirdly, it’s already been said that SCA are upgrading their Canberra facilities.

These facilities will be to produce local content. That doesn’t mean they will increase local content immediately, but it gives them the option to do so in the next 20-30 years that they’ll be in this building for.

2 Likes

I reckon it could be in readiness for 9NBN to move their news presentation in there, sell off Mosbri Cres and have playout moved to Sydney, or maybe, just maybe, SCA might do playout for 9NBN too out of Canberra? (as they are doing with sales).

1 Like

If NBN move their playout anywhere it will most likely be to Nine’s playout centre in Frenchs Forest, Sydney.

2 Likes

This move is already in the works isn’t it?

1 Like

I thought it was almost completed?

Only was in the car for a bit this afternoon driving between work things but who replaced Little a today, I heard his name was Mal I think but never heard him before

1 Like

are you serious???

You don’t know the Mighty Mal Headphones Hedstrom who used to rule the 1413 Hits and Memories 2KO microphone in the 80s and 90s!!! My God you must be young! :smiley:

Mal was working on Sun in Mildura until a few months ago when he came home to retire and just do some bits and pieces.

LOL, yeah about 20 yo I’d reckon, Mal was at KOFM till the late 90’s at least I think?

The awesome duo Mal & Little A.

Little A on Afternoons, & Mal on Drive, the banter & friendly sledging between the two around shift changeover was fantastic.

I missed the drive home when Mal left, it just wasn’t the same.

Ahh the memories, 2KO/KOFM of the 90’s, DJ & Teenah for Breakfast, Richard King in the mornings, Little A & Mal Headstrom in the afternoons/drive, & Fiona Cameron for evenings. :heart: :smiley:

1 Like

In my 20’s so no I don’t remember Mal, would’ve heard him when i was young

1 Like

I loved Teenah - think she’s still with Don Dawkins down in Canberra?

Yeah, great woman, gorgeous in person too.

I think she still is in Canberra, think Don has recently retired though?

Don’s a great bloke too, I did work experience with him at NX & those at KO I mentioned, in the early 90’s.

Don’t get me started on the 2NX/NXFM memories too.

Teenah is on the Sunshine Coast & has her own Voice & Production company up there. PS She & Don haven’t dated for over 10 years now.

1 Like

geez! Thanks Hat! Good to see I keep up to date :slight_smile:

1 Like