Newcastle Radio

I love Kerryn, she’s a beautiful person.

She sounds like she’s having fun ahaha. I never heard her until last year sometime not sure where she came from. Kylie isn’t around anymore either.

around 10 years ago Kez did Mornings and was APD for NX (Kerryn Atkinson) - last few years she’s been concentrating on doing marriage celebrant :slight_smile:

https://au.linkedin.com/in/wedbykez

Got to give it to them… their digital work looks pretty good:
http://www.newfm.com.au/the-novos/

Who is Tim and where is he from? Sarge has gone? What reason? Any other staff changes?

Tim is their producer who is filling in while Sarge is on an extended maternity leave. According to their Facebook she will be popping up in other shifts as time goes by, and is still with the station.

1 Like

Mike Byrne on Sunday morning? All the casuals gone walkabout?

Mike Byrne? No i think it’s actually Newcastle radio legend Barry Graham on air this morning… they only bring out the very best talent to cover these severe weather events.

Although…

I believe Barry and Mike have never been seen together in the same room… big feud between them apparently

Sorry Barry Graham, some say he mentored Little a when he first came to Newcastle.

driving around this afternoon there was no footy coverage. KO played music and ABC covered the weather events via 702. KO had the game at 4, actually tuned into 2NM for the CCT but that was a bit dodgy around Newcastle until I got out to Mayfield where it picked up well out toward Maitland. 2GB 873 wasn’t strong enough to be listenable.

Who would be the young guy onKO this morning

Brad Wood from SEAFM I believe.

the one doing the OB I can’t remember sorry - but Brad was doing 6-9

Who is doing commercial production at KO and NX these days?

Hey Mr World Wide… It’s Terry Neeson. He handles all local commercial production, while Doogie (Mark Brewer) handles local imaging. Baz

Terry must be getting near retirement, he’s been doing KO/NX production for at least 30 years now.

Terry and Ambrose Cosmos Simpson have almost 100 years clocked up between them in my estimation.

Speaking of 100 years - Mighty Mal Headphones Hedstrom, who left the SUN in Mildura a few months ago to enjoy retirement back home near Newcastle, was back on 1413 2KO yesterday afternoon with his Greatest Memories and Latest Hits. All we needed was his 3.30pm Animal Hoooooouse and the old sweeping Wesgo News theme and all would have been right with the world again.

1 Like

Big news coming from SCA today with the announcement to 60 full time staff (who all went on an excursion) that the stations (NX, KO and Southern Cross Ten) will be finally moving from Charlestown to a new building in Honeysuckle (next to the NIB building for those who know the area) on the top floor… this will give the stations a SENSATIONAL view of Newcastle and has the stations right in the heart of the city in a vibrant, bustling new area.

New playout systems (yay! Finally!) are to be included with state of the art broadcasting operations… something long overdue for the radio stations.

SCA CEO Grant Blackley was in town to make the announcement alongside NSW (and Newcastle) GM Ashley Myatt.

I’m told there was near mutiny in the NX bus when they were told Andy Simpson was to be their driver… the Little A would need at least 6 cushions to be able to see out the windscreen. :wink:

3 Likes

Maestro?

A momentous occasion for one of Newcastle’s biggest media companies; Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) Newcastle will be moving in 2017 and taking up tenancy in Newcastle’s popular business and entertainment precinct – Honeysuckle.

KOFM and NXFM have been in based in the building on the Pacific Highway in Charlestown since 1988 and 1993
respectively, and Southern Cross TEN joined them in 2014.

All of SCA Newcastle will move to 18 Honeysuckle Drive into purpose built offices which will include state of the art on-air and production studios, and a much better view!

Southern Cross Austereo CEO Grant Blackley, SCA Head of Regional Media Rick Lenarcic, and SCA NSW Regional
General Manager Ashley Myatt hosted a staff function on Wednesday 22 June at the Squire’s Maiden at Honeysuckle, to announce the new building to the staff.

To coincide with this, the construction of the DOMA Group owned building has reached a milestone in pouring
the last slab of concrete in the building today.

SCA CEO Grant Blackley says:

“Newcastle is one of SCA’s most successful media centers Australia-wide. Our staff here perform exceptionally

well, and I’m delighted to announce they will be rewarded with top floor, harbour views in one of the most

dynamic precincts in Newcastle”.

Chris Farrington, Development Manager of DOMA Group says:

“The signing of Southern Cross Austereo reflects the overwhelming interest we’re receiving from national

tenants looking to move into quality office accommodation in the honeysuckle precinct. Today marks a

significant milestone for our construction team with the last slab of the concrete structure being poured. We

anticipate the tenants fitout will be completed in the 1st Qtr of 2016 and they will move in shortly after”

Bob Hawes, General Manager of Hunter Development Corporation says:

“The Hunter Development Corporation is pleased to see this project reach a significant construction milestone.

With major tenants secured and construction advanced, this project is contributing to the Honeysuckle urban

renewal project and the revitalisation of the wider city centre.”

1 Like

they use Maestro now - more likely NexGen or even the newer one.

1 Like