New Zealand TV

Premieres on Three on Monday (February 8) at 7.30pm and continues on Tuesday and Wednesday, with each episode shown one week after Australia.

2 Likes

Now that they have split from radio, Three are even advertising Holey Moley on NZME stations. Heard a promo on The Hits yesterday.

4 Likes

Yeah I heard this as well and double checked the dial to make sure I wasnā€™t accidentally on a MediaWorks stationā€¦ but no I was on The Hitsā€¦ I sat and thought about what the hell they were thinking having commercials on a rival networkā€¦ then it hit meā€¦ MW donā€™t own Three anymore :joy:

1 Like

And The Bachelorette contestant Lexie Brown on The Edge Breakfast a couple of weeks agoā€¦ strange times!!

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve heard lots of TVNZ ads on MediaWorks stations lately.

1 Like

Was just reading various Discovery things and I see theyā€™re replacing Food Network with Investigation Discoveryā€¦ low key disappointed as I donā€™t watch much tv love watching some of those cooking shows.

Ratings aside why do sky always insist on deleting a channel when introducing a new one. Give us more options and variety ffs.

food is currently a basic package channel so will ID be one too?? Cos discovery channel isnā€™tā€¦

Edit: according to sky.conz ID will be on sky entertainment package and Discovery will go on to sky starter. Still a shame cos discovery is a shit channel full of scripted reality. Why not just throw CI on sky starter.

2 Likes

Soho2 also being cut.

1 Like

@OnAir Late last year, Sky and Discovery, Inc. renewed their partnership in New Zealand but there will be some changes to the Discovery-owned channels on Sky with effect from next month.

ā€œWe know our customers love Discoveryā€™s premium programming, and we are delighted to continue our 26-year partnership through a renewed deal that responds to our customersā€™ needs and the content landscape in New Zealand.ā€ - Sophie Moloney, Sky Television CEO

The #1 true crime channel in the US* - Investigation Discovery (ID) - is launching in NZ for the first time and is available to everyone who subscribes to Sky Entertainment ($25.50 per month). ID will be on Sky channel 18 (formerly Food Network) from 1 March.

Meanwhile, a selection of Food Network shows will be moving to the existing lifestyle lineup on Living, which is available to Sky customers who subscribe to Sky Entertainment on channel 17. And talking of Discovery (channel 70) - home to Shark Week to Aussie Gold Hunters and every other wild Discovery adventure in between - it will be available to more Sky customers as part of Sky Starter ($25.99 per month).

ā€œReflecting the growing appetite for real crime stories, we also look forward to launching acclaimed true crime channel Investigation Discovery for Sky customers early next year.ā€ - Rebecca Kent, GM Discovery Australia and New Zealand

And on 16 March, SoHo will be closing its SoHo2 channel and all its shows will be in one place (on channel 10). SoHo is $9.99 per month.

*Amongst P25-54 & W25-54. Source: Nielsen via StarMedia Multitrak, 12/30/19-12/27/20, Total Day M-Su 6a-6a, L+3 Day data, Impressions/Delivery (000), Ā¼ Hr Program Based data.

The Amazing Race Australia season 5 premieres on TVNZ2 this Sunday (February 14) at 7.30pm. Unlike Australia however, it will be shown just once a week.
Married at First Sight: Grand Reunion also premieres this Sunday at 7pm on Three, with part 2 on the following Sunday.

3 Likes

I cant wait for the The Amazing Race Australia

Here are the teams competing in this season of The Amazing Race Australia.

New Zealand satcaster Sky and ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group have renewed a multi-year deal making the latterā€™s content available to Sky and its SVoD service Neon.

The agreement covers content from ViacomCBS-owned CBS, The CW, Showtime and Paramount Television Studios.

Is What Now coming back? Just asking since itā€™s the middle of February and it usually returns around this time.

1 Like

@LiamP What Now will return on 28 February.

2 Likes

The new season of Country Calendar was set to air 7pm tonight, but due to the press conference held at the time because of alert level changes for NZ, itā€™s been pushed to next Sunday.

Iā€™ve just noticed thatā€™s thereā€™s a few shows from HGTV that are now available to stream on ThreeNow

Edit: All the shows seem to have been added yesterday

2 Likes

Would be great to get discovery + app instead of the three now app & have live streams for choice & hgtv

3 Likes

It seems soā€¦ I noticed a +HR=E Now endtag on a promo on HGTV last night, but it was barely on screen for seconds, so I wasnā€™t sure if I was dreaming it!

I imagine thatā€™s the planā€¦ probably wonā€™t happen soon enough though!

2 Likes

Good to see a bit of effort with Three Now- acquiring the NYT documentary Framing Britney Spears. Now would be a great time to launch D+ though, with MAFS starting soon

4 Likes

Surely itā€™s not necessary to type this out when writing the channels name? Three is sufficient.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/124244316/controversial-documentary-framing-britney-spears-to-air-on-three-now

2 Likes