New Zealand TV

We won’t need to type out +HR=E once they ditch that mess of a logo :wink:

3 Likes

It’s a terrible logo, I agree.

Just seems cumbersome when it’s just stylized that way, not actually written like that anywhere.

2 Likes

Bring back the original TV3 logo but modernise it

3 Likes

Oh, boo!

How come Shortland Street they can say “bullshit” in a PG timeslot , but Home and Away in Australia you never hear that.

Different codes of practice for Aus V NZ

Good guide from the BSA here: (LANGUAGE WARNING)

1 Like

The Three logo is fine but it would be really great if they brought back the fern.

1 Like

I can’t believe there is a whole document about swearing on TV, and as to what is acceptable and what is not… Guess it is interesting to someone, but me personally it just gave me a chuckle.

I personally think radio and TV should play Album versions of songs, but guess that is not the consensus for the majority of the population.

2 Likes

From Instagram:

I hope the original returns to Ten soon.

4 Likes

The radio stations should play their music uncensored from, say, 10pm each night? That’s past the watershed.

3 Likes

It is allowed in PG programs in Australia. In 2019 ACMA cleared Nine following a complaint about coarse language in a PG rated episode of Married at First Sight. The ACMA report, a Word doc, is here:

https://www.acma.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-09/BI-492.docx

3 Likes

Nicole said “unf*ckinbelievable” on tonights episode, it wasn’t beeped out on the online version on SBS on Demand, wonder if the broadcast version at 5.50pm was.

Thought they weren’t allowed to say the f word .

Jess Sayer, an actor in Shortland Street who is gay, has called out TV Guide NZ for publishing a letter from a viewer that is critical of gay storylines in the program. From Instagram stories:

2 Likes
1 Like

Frick. No U sound at all

1 Like

Sure sounds like the F word hey, but could just be the Accent, I mean even I have trouble with the kiwi accent over here sometimes hehe. Damn Aussies having a go at Kiwis :joy:

2 Likes

I wonder if we’ll see Disco reorder their channels to give Choice & HGTV more prominence? Could be an opportunity to shove those Plus 1 channels out of the way more… and if TVNZ & others played ball, we could possibly end up with something like this…

anus

Note, TVNZ Karen just suits my warped sense of humour.

7 Likes

@TV4 Hrm. What is TVNZ Karen, anyway?

Anything that a “Karen” would watch, I guess.

Like pretty much Duke for women?

1 Like