New Zealand TV

Is not geoblocked ? I can access it.

Should be geo blocked. Strange.

Iā€™m in NZ currently,

Absolutely love TV3ā€™s on-air package, looks really fresh & modern. Itā€™s great that they promote watching on 3now so much too both on screen and on promos.

I also think that the rebrand to Newshub hasnā€™t quite hit the mark that they may have envisaged, it feels like it lacks some identity to its parent station. A simple addition to a 3 at the end might help, so it reads as Newshub3. It was quite evident how awkward it sounded when reporters signed off.

I was surprised by the amount of international sourced stories tonight (I counted at least 3 which referenced their international counterpart) by comparison even Network TEN who had 1 bulletin a day manages to voice/package these with local journalists. Super Sport also seems a little overkill with 2 presenters in my opinion.

2 Likes

Interesting take.

On the Newshub thing, the idea is to get away from being linked to one over-arching medium (TV, Radio, Online) and instead be interchangeable across platforms (i.e. a Newshub reporter can be introduced as the same on Radio rather then being a ā€˜RadioLive reporterā€™ or a ā€˜3 News reporterā€™ filing for a different medium). So the idea is not to be linked to any parent station but rather Newshub which has several platforms.

As for the overseas stories, NZ preference has always seemed to be to use overseas stories as filed by affiliates, rather than redoing locally (probably because of the tiny nature of NZ, overseas stories are more heavily leaned on here than in Australia - to take a wild guess!). Occasionally for a big story they might get redone with a local twist, but more often than not they are kept as is. I think it sounds a bit more authentic when you have someone on the ground doing the reports rather than someone in a newsroom thousands of kms away in Australia/NZ. Plus, someone redoing those reports locally can be better utilised chasing a local story.

2 Likes

Newshub only has a Australian and European correspondent unlike TVNZ which has an Australian, United States and European correspondent

So sometimes Jack Tame from 1 re-files reports from ABC US to give a US story a kiwi spin.

Rather than what Newshub does which is use reports filed from CBS

My perception is lately Newshub have been sourcing more international stories in the past 1-2 months than local onesā€¦ Itā€™s a trend Iā€™m not liking.

They could have also achieved multi-platform branding by rebranding RadioLive as Radio3, and keeping the 3News identity.

Then again I might be biasedā€¦ still not over the loss of FOUR :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are reports that Radio Live could be re-branded as Newshub Radio.

I would have gone with 3 NewsRadio and kept the 3 news brand across all platforms.

1 Like

SKY had a fault with Prime last night just before 8pm - screen froze for around 10 minutes during Antiques Roadshow before it switched to some sailing thing at Ashburton. Stayed on that for 3 minutes before an adbreak then back to Antiques Roadshow. No mention of it happening anywhere. Nice one SKY.

1 Like

Great Idea, Newshub Radio to Probably Challenge NZMEā€™s Newstalk ZB and Government Owned Radio New Zealand National.

TVNZ Duke brand guide & station music

MediaWorks appoints new chief executive

Australian radio boss Michael Anderson has been appointed chief executive officer of MediaWorks.

Mediaworks said Mr Anderson, currently chairman of Oztam and oOH! Media and a non-executive director of Fairfax Media, will start in the role on August 29.

Read more: http://www.newshub.co.nz/business/mediaworks-appoints-new-chief-executive-2016080208#ixzz4G7glpMjt

TVNZ Duke brand guidelines and station music.

New Zealand TV channel guide updates.

SKY TV
Rio 2016 Pop-up channels on Sky and Vodafone,
beIN Sports launch in New Zealand (August 9th) : More here

Freeview NZ
Reports of Fashion TV launching again on Freeview NZ expected CH 30 no programming guide yet.

Igloo
Igloo to close down from March 2017, with a deal for subscribers to join Sky more here

The owners of Fashion TV really want this to become a thing, huh?

Twice carried (at least) on Sky since the 90s and never worked.

Who knows I just came across it one day while browsing the Freeview website. It also was showing up on their digital guide.

There are also some corrections : Parliament TV is now on Freeview 31. Colour coding for Sky HD was left off Rio Pop-ups and beIN Sport.

Here is the official Freeview guide showing Fashion TV.

Auckland only, if the freeview website is to believed (http://www.freeviewnz.tv/channel/59)

1 Like

##Prime is finally getting a morning show.

Only for the 2016 Rio Olympics

GOOD MORNING RIO
Daily from 6.00am ā€“ 9.30am presented by Eric Young

RIO ON PRIME
Daily from 9.30am ā€“ 3.00pm presented by Te Arahi Maipi

For the duration of the Games, Prime viewers can enjoy a mix of the best Olympic action from around 11pm each evening through to 3pm the following day.

Donā€™t miss the Olympic Opening Ceremony on Prime from 10.50am on the 6th of August. Then from 6.00am until 9.30am every day of the competition, Eric Young will keep you up-to-date with the latest action, with Te Arahi Maipi in the studio through to 3.00pm. A variety of daily highlight packages will ensure you keep up with and cheer on your favourite athletes.

1 Like

Did my eyes deceive me or is TV One actually using its original logo in some promos?

3 Likes

Believe it is a promo for a show set in the 80s?

1 Like