New Zealand TV

I know… it nearly blew my mind

Mark it in your diaries - HGTV will be available on Freeview Satellite and SKY channel 21 (as part of the basic package) from 10.00am on Wednesday 24 August!

We know many of you have been waiting for this; we’re so excited for you to join us!

Never heard of it… lol

Edit: just googled it. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

1 Like

I love the SKY sport Rugby and NRL graphics, the look better than the fox ones I reckon

RE Paul Henry and his foot this morning, can anyone confirm if TVNZ do practice Voodoo?

YesShop is go, going gone!

TVNZ overhauls it’s branding at the network’s new season launch this afternoon. Changes will see TV ONE and TV 2 being rebranded to TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2. Article

3 Likes

Logo’s are PNG and white

2 Likes

In 2017 My Kitchen Rules will return to TVNZ 2 with Pete Evans and Manu Feildel, from Channel Seven’s version of the show, to host

1 Like

Apologies for the double post :rolling_eyes: Hadyn Jones has replaced the role of Gordon Harcourt as co-host of Fair Go with Pippa Wetzell.

From TVNZ

PETE EVANS AND MANU FEILDEL TO HOST NEW SERIES OF MKR NZ

Cooking show phenomenon My Kitchen Rules NZ will return to TVNZ 2 in 2017, with celebrity chefs Pete Evans and Manu Feildel of My Kitchen Rules Australia at the judging table!

Having eaten in hundreds of homes across seven series of ratings titan My Kitchen Rules in Australia, Pete and Manu will travel New Zealand to meet new teams of home cooks in TV’s most popular cooking competition.

Pete Evans is excited to join the New Zealand series: “I love New Zealand – there are so many beautiful places to visit, and so much local produce and flavours to cook with. I look forward to seeing what the Kiwis can cook up for Manu and me!”

Manu adds: “I’ll be looking for some great Kiwi flavours and seeing what this country’s home cooks have to offer. I haven’t spent a lot of time in New Zealand personally, so it’ll be great to get around the country and meet some incredible people and try their food.”

This series will be produced by Seven Productions, who are the original creators, and producers, of seven successful series of MKR across the ditch, with an eighth currently in production.

TVNZ’s General Manager of Commissioning, Production and Acquisitions, Andrew Shaw says: “We are teaming up with format-owners and producers Seven Productions, to turn up the heat on MKR NZ and serve to 2 viewers in 2017.

“We could not be happier to have legends Pete Evans and Manu Feildel joining the series to travel our country and dish up the drama to a bunch of new Kiwi home cooks,” he adds.

My Kitchen Rules NZ will be produced by Seven Productions NZ. The format is licensed through EndemolShine Ltd.

The series will air on 2 next year.

Kiwis who fancy a shot at MKR NZ can apply for mkrnz.co.nz.

From Seven

Seven secures New Zealand commission for My Kitchen Rules

Television New Zealand signs Seven Productions to create My Kitchen Rules for the New Zealand
television market

Television New Zealand has signed Seven to create and produce My Kitchen Rules for the New Zealand market.

My Kitchen Rules will be produced for TVNZ by Seven Productions New Zealand. The New Zealand version will be hosted by Manu Feildel and Pete Evans. My Kitchen Rules – created, developed and produced by Seven Productions – dominates the Australian television landscape as the most-watched programme on television over the past five years.

Today’s signing with TVNZ builds on Seven’s agreement to create and produce My Kitchen Rules for FOX in the United States and Channel 4 in the United Kingdom, and joins Serbia, Russia, Denmark, Belgium, Canada, Norway and Lithuania with “local” versions of the Seven format. In addition, the Australian version of My Kitchen Rules is seen in more than 150 territories around the world.

Commenting, the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Seven West Media, Tim Worner, said: “We are very excited with this latest development for My Kitchen Rules. We are also delighted about our expanding presence in international markets. We are making significant progress with Seven Productions along with our two joint venture businesses – 7 Wonder and 7 Beyond – and our strategic investment in Slim Film + Television in securing significant commissions. There is an increasing international demand for our ideas, and our owned and created content and concepts.”

1 Like

Some new IDs for the new look TVNZ
TVNZ 1

TVNZ 2

Not a fan. Seems like a tacky throw back thusdaym almost thought there was a lotto ball rolling around the country. It has a very 90s feel to it. Whats happenng tvnz.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Probably ripped the idea from the old Early 2000s Lotto “Where Dreams Come True” TV ads we got here in New South Wales where an oversized big red 1 ball rolled around the place! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I like the name change, makes more sense than random TV2 etc. Logo is fine but idents - kinda funny to see them bother with them.

1 Like

Is anyone really going to say

“Hey put it on TVNZ 1”

No

3 Likes

I also believe there may already be a parody account

@1newsNZ

1 Like

I had the same thought… Tonight’s Lotto Numbers are 1, 2, and D?

2 Likes

Falls in like with BBC, ABC etc. but as @KICK-IT said, no one is going to call it TVNZ 2. The TV- prefixes were dying out and really only used on social.

1 Like