New Zealand TV

Doesn’t BGT start soon?

It had already started back on Sunday Night on the new channel TVNZ 2

TVNZ 2 will air the 14th season of Big Brother Australia weeknights starting at 5:00pm on May 11, removing all of its current early-evening blocks programs like The Simpsons, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.

It will air 2 days after its transmission in Australia.

The first episode will kick off with a 2 hour episode, before heading to 90 minute segments.

5 Likes

Didn’t the last series get yanked outta primetime on TV3? Why bother…

2 Likes

It means next Thursday’s episode (episode 4) won’t air in NZ until the following Monday.

Exactly what I was gonna say…

1 Like

Because it flopped on it’s 7.30 slot on Three in 2020 because It cannot competed with buzzing programmes going on at TVNZ channels that time so it had reduced screening episodes that bumped back 9.30 for last weeks before the broadcaster dropped it completely leading TVNZ to pick up the series last year

1 Like

So the new Simpsons ep’s on Mondays will be bumped to where?

1 Like

I am thinking that Prime premium drama strategy is doomed to fail as free-to-air runs of And Just Like That … and Your Honor continued to struggle, with 25-54 averages of only 0.1%. that will be a final straw for the network as Eden programmes even outrates them as Prime is now declared irrelevant

3 Likes

Spark Sport’s UEFA deal has been extended to include Euro 2024 and Euro 2028

2 Likes

How long do we give it folks before it’s pulled or bumped?

7 Likes

A week, two max.

1 Like

Good. Reality shows in the afternoon just do not work. Remember when Three stripped Love Island at 5pm a few years back? Bring back the reruns I say.

It would be better played at night or sunday afternoons

Airing it on TVNZ 2 in the afternoon is even worse that Three screening it in Primetime 2 years ago

Dancing with the Stars NZ are hit with COVID as one of the cast members been tested positive and now isolating. This now gets interesting as it enters the final weeks.

Edit: Rowing champion Eric Murray has tested positive and will not return to the show. Recent eliminators, Alex Vaz will replace Murray for the remainder of the episodes.

2 Likes

Sticking with the DWTS-Covid news, Comedian Rhys Mathewson are the latest to be tested positive and will not return to the show. ZB host Kerre Woodham will return to replace him.

4 Likes

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/128682965/budget-2022-public-media-to-get-big-funding-boost-after-tvnzrnz-merger

Would they actually deliver proper public service programmes as they should move away from TVNZ channels based on ageism focuses and return to 50/50 programme stance across 1 or 2

1 Like

Congrats.

6 Likes

Not surprised, but does go to show how uneven the demographic seems to be already with Duke as it is. TVNZ really stuffed up with this one, given even three dropped it from Prime time viewing, different time I know, but still it showed the lack of interest for this format with viewers here in NZ

1 Like