New Zealand TV

Cannot believe a show like Naked Attraction is broadcast on a New Zealand free to air channel at 9:30pm. My goodness that was… confronting.

My flatmate and I were flicking channels just before and were confronted with some rather interesting sights we weren’t expecting. I know they have received a fair few complaints in recent weeks.

It’s broadcast at roughly the same time in the UK.

I don’t mind it tbh.

Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere, but has Family Feud NZ been axed?
I saw @ScreenTower’s video and it is showing our Aussie version…

1 Like

Not axed, they did have FF Aus at 5pm but now 530 while it is just the ‘Best Of’ episodes of FFNZ screening at 5pm.

5 Likes

Summer break?

3 Likes

Family Feud NZ finished its current season on November 1 so it must be on a break.

2 Likes

Correct.

I must say, the FFA set looks way darker compared to the FFNZ set.

2 Likes

Was this even televised?

Three Movie Credits OTS.

Australian broadcasters should be having a look at Sky’s cricket coverage - nothing flashy, no bullshit discussions about pizza, simple easy to understand graphics

2 Likes

TVNZ Duke to go HD mid-January 2017, and it sounds like they’ll add a temporary channel TVNZ G for the duration of the Commonwealth Games.

Screenscribe report here

1 Like

I think Sky’s cricket coverage has been a big improver over the last 2-3 seasons.

Just saw a few interesting promos floating around on Sky looks like the box might be re branding to 5. Content heavy with a warner bros deal for marvel content. With it launching 2nd February 2018

1 Like

Announced last month it was going to be re branded.

2 Likes

Logo pulled from the promo video running on Sky at the moment

2 Likes

LOOKS like a good brand too, bout time the box changed. Like it’s predecessor Sky 1, both incarnations only ever had one brand that lasted over ten years.

1 Like

Some grizzling from Mediaworks r.e. RNZ+, profitability and the modern age…

Here is the Link

They could always buy American Pickers as their news lead-in… surely it being on 3 different networks shouldn’t deter them! Perhaps a local version, man there are a lot of old sheds in NZ just waiting for a TV camera crew to perve through 'em!

MEDIAWORKS LAUNCHING NEW CHANNEL - THREELIFE,

GILDA KIRKPATRICK AND DAVID SEYMOUR CONFIRMED FOR

DANCING WITH THE STARS NZ,

FEATURE-LENGTH STAN WALKER DOCUMENTARY ANNOUNCED

At a customer and media event held in Auckland this afternoon, MediaWorks announced it will be launching a new lifestyle channel, ThreeLife, Gilda Kirkpatrick and David Seymour were revealed as the first Dancing With The Stars NZ contestants for 2018, and a feature-length documentary on Stan Walker is coming to Three.

THREELIFE

Launching on April 15th, ThreeLife is a new channel in the MediaWorks family that will take viewers to a lighter place with hit international shows including Married At First Sight USA, Restaurant Revolution and Bondi Vet.

Each night on ThreeLife will be themed, making it easy for Kiwis to tune in to the evenings that feature shows they love. From all things food on Monday, to D.I.Y Thursday, and romance reality on Friday, the channel is designed for its audience to escape the daily grind and embrace your not-so-guilty pleasures with ThreeLife.

MediaWorks’ Chief Content Officer, Andrew Szusterman, says ThreeLife is the perfect extension for the Three brand.

“ThreeLife is where Kiwis will come to view programmes that focus on their favourite pastimes. It’s a great opportunity for audiences to binge-watch television that they love, and for advertisers to meet Kiwis in their happy place.’”

Glen Kyne, MediaWorks’ Chief Commercial Officer believes ThreeLife will provide greater performance and optionality for our advertisers.

“MediaWorks is the 25-54 year-old audience company, and ThreeLife caters to a broad cross-section of preferred content for those viewers,” says Glen.

“We understand the genres, formats and programmes that this key audience loves, and we can leverage these insights across the MediaWorks portfolio of assets.”

ThreeLife will be available from April 15th on Freeview channel 11. Sky and Vodafone channels will be announced in due course. The Edge is moving up the dial to Freeview channel 14.

DANCING WITH THE STARS NZ

Real Housewife Gilda Kirkpatrick and Leader of the ACT Party, David Seymour, are the first contestants to be announced for Dancing With The Stars NZ** in 2018, set to launch in the second quarter of the year.

Expect to be dazzled, entertained and surprised as well-known local faces are put through their paces in order to perform in front of the nation! This year’s Dancing With The Stars NZ features 12 famous Kiwis and their dance partners as they battle it out on the dancefloor each week, to prove who has the best moves and raise money for their chosen charity.

Social media queen Gilda is excited to get out of her comfort zone and add some ballroom dancing shoes to her extensive shoe collection.

“It seems like a great opportunity to learn how to dance from professionals - plus it’s a great stage on which charities can benefit. I’ve never had any sort of dance instruction, so it’s going to be a completely new experience for me”, said Gilda.

David Seymour is looking forward to adding dancing to his skillset. He admits that neither of his career paths exactly lend themselves to becoming a dance professional overnight.

“Let’s be honest, I’m half politician and half electrical engineer. It couldn’t be worse if I was bred to not dance.

Turns out there is a ‘beat’ in music and that there are ‘steps’ you have to learn before you dance. I am terrified. On the other hand, there’s nothing like overcoming a fear and the charity I’m supporting is very dear to my heart. So, to borrow someone else’s line, Let’s do this!”

MediaWorks also announced its first judge for the new re-booted Dancing With The Stars NZ - Camilla Sacre-Dallerup!

An original cast member and 2008 winner of UK’s Strictly Come Dancing, Camilla is no stranger to the show’s format.

Camilla is also a New Zealand Latin Champion and represented New Zealand for years with ex-partner Brendan Cole. She is excited to return to New Zealand and be part of Dancing With The Stars.

“New Zealand has a very special place in my heart, and all the magical memories of a fabulous international dance career.”

More contestant and judge announcements will be made closer to the on-air date. Stay tuned!

STAN

Stan Walker is sharing his most personal story yet in this special feature-length event, Stan*.

After shooting to stardom as the first New Zealander to win Australian Idol, Stan has gone on to become an international pop star and film actor with roles in Mt. Zion and Hunt For The Wilderpeople. At the core of it all, Stan is a proud Kiwi.

In this documentary, Stan opens up his world to the public, sharing his most intimate moments over the last nine months. Stan follows a man on a life-changing journey, full of ups and downs, heartache, and beauty.

Stan is coming to Three in March.

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT NEW ZEALAND

It’s the show that New Zealand can’t get enough of! Married At First Sight New Zealand will return for a second season as 12 new Kiwis take part in the ultimate social experiment to find love.

Love them or loathe them, last year’s romantic hopefuls had the nation talking. From dinner party disasters, to ‘will they’ or ‘won’t they’ vow renewals, these Kiwi hopefuls put their hearts on the line and took New Zealand along for the ride.

This year, 12 new Kiwis will walk down the aisle in the hopes of finding their soulmate. Don’t miss all the tears, tantrums and touching moments as they share their experience of getting married at first sight.

A call for participants will be made soon.

OTHER THREE SHOWS

LOCAL

The Block NZ: The highest rating series of 2017 returns for a massive seventh season! Hosts Mark Richardson and Shelley Ferguson are back with a interesting new twist on New Zealand’s favourite show.

All-Star Family Feud New Zealand Specials: Dai Henwood is putting Kiwi celebs through their paces in brand new Family Feud New Zealand Specials, including the grand decider between 7 Days & Jono & Ben… who will come out on top?

Funny Girls*: Back for a third season, Laura Daniel, Rose Matafeo, Kim Crossman and Jackie Van Beek are back and funnier than ever.

Jono & Ben*: It wouldn’t be a new season launch announcement without Jono & Ben. The powerhouse of New Zealand comedy, Jono and Ben return to screens soon!

Jono & Ben’s Games Specials*: Jono & Ben present two special comedy episodes bringing their unique perspective to the Commonwealth Games.

Westside*: The drama continues in season four of Westside, as we rejoin the chronicles of NZ’s favourite crime family in 1983, as the future of Outrageous Fortune starts to mesh with the past of Westside, including the wedding of Wolf and Cheryl.

Grand Designs New Zealand*: Take a tour of some of the most interesting and inspiring homes in New Zealand with host Chris Moller as he meets eight new homeowners as they attempt to build their dream house.

Lost & Found*: Back for another season, join host David Lomas as he helps every day Kiwis attempting to reunite with their lost loved ones.

Comedy Gala*: It’s time for the best and brightest Kiwi comics to shine in the annual 2018 Comedy Gala.

INTERNATIONAL:

Roseanne: One of the most beloved family sitcoms of all time is coming back to our screens. 21 years after the original series finished, Roseanne Barr is back to shake up the world of comedy once more, bringing the original core cast with her.

All New Graham Norton: Graham Norton returns with two new seasons of the hottest talk show in the world, bringing you more hilarious and revealing interviews with the biggest and brightest stars in movies, music and comedy.

The Royal Wedding - Harry & Meghan: Don’t miss the wedding of the year! Prince Harry is set to marry Meghan Markle in a star-studded event at Windsor Castle.

Serial Killers with Piers Morgan: Piers Morgan meets convicted serial killers in a candid documentary series as he gets into the minds of some of the most infamous murderers in the United States.

Blue Bloods: Back for its sixth season, Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) continues his search for an elusive serial killer who enjoys taunting him, and Frank (Tom Selleck) is fighting a rising tide of public disapproval of the NYPD.

NCIS: Now in its 15th season, NCIS picks up two months after the dramatic season 14 finale. Will Gibbs and McGee make it home?

NCIS: LA: Starring Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J, NCIS: LA returns with its ninth season. Season eight left fans shocked as they said goodbye to Michelle. This season, there’s a new boss in town as former Secret Service agent Shay Mosely takes over the team.

New Girl - The Final Season: Get ready to say goodbye to Jess and the gang in the final ever season of New Girl set three years after the season six finale.

Chicago PD: From Emmy-winning producer Dick Wolf comes Chicago PD’s nail-biting third season.

1 Like

Three LIFE logo

1 Like