New Zealand TV

Anyone get any caps or anything of yesterday’s cricket World Cup match on Prime?

Any particular reason you’re after the Prime broadcast?

Lots of 45 degree angles, international sponsor’s logos everywhere, green/red elements sound familiar?
Pretty sure international graphics were used, what you saw in Australia (on TV/streaming, whichever), was probably the same on Prime here in NZ (apart from the porkchop watermark, of course).

3 Likes

What Now has returned to New Zealand screens on TVNZ 2 earlier today - this time in a new, hour-long format and a new timeslot (8.30am).

After about nine years, Camilla the gorilla is back.

1 Like

Yeah I know I was just wondering if they took the world feed completely or whether Sky is doing their own shoulder programming, plus I wanted to see what their watermark looked like on live sport.

1 Like

I can get some grabs for you later if I remember.

Sky isn’t doing anything additional - Laura McGoldrick is their face of cricket (alongside Ian Smith) and she fronted the world feed for the first game.

2 Likes

@foxyrover

and here’s a bonus one from today that our board classification nerds (ping @Sully) might enjoy.

7 Likes

Confirmation of Freeview Channel Changes March 21 - as per Freeview

6 Duke
8 Eden
11 TVNZ+1
12 Duke+1
13 +HR=E +1
14 Rush
18 Eden +1
19 HGTV
20 Al Jezeera

Also confirmation of the cessation of the Edge & the Breeze TV, both of which can still be streamed via their respective websites.

Edit: Meant to note the strange positioning of Duke+1 - I guess TVNZ2+1 will go here eventually, if/when TVNZ launch a fourth channel (I mean, why else clear Ch16?).

4 Likes

Thanks fo sharing!!

Why didnt they have Rush on Channel 9? Just seems odd to have the new Channel in the middle of plus 1 channels

2 Likes

Same with TVNZ2+1… I guess it’s a transitional thing. Who knows how long Bravo will stay let alone how long before TVNZ offers another full-time channel.

2 Likes

Do we know how long the NBCUniversal contract for the Bravo license goes until?

No idea. It started July 2016, if that’s anything to go by? 2026? Maybe sooner?

One-hour timeshifts of both TVNZ 2 and Bravo will remain on Freeview Channels 7 & 9, as usual.

@TV4 You are right. The Edge TV and Breeze TV will go off air and become ‘online only’ via live streams on theedge.co.nz and thebreeze.co.nz. And if you’re a fan of music videos on the big screen, be sure to check out Juice TV on Freeview Channel 200.

As a recap, here’s a full list of channels on Freeview from 21 March onwards (i.e. in two weeks’ time):

• Channel 1 - TVNZ 1
  • Channel 2 - TVNZ 2
  • Channel 3 - Three
  • Channel 4 - Bravo
  • Channel 5 - Māori Television
  • Channel 6 - TVNZ DUKE
  • Channel 7 - TVNZ 2 +1
  • Channel 8 - Eden
  • Channel 9 - Bravo +1
  • Channel 10 - Prime
  • Channel 11 - TVNZ 1 +1
  • Channel 12 - TVNZ DUKE +1
  • Channel 13 - Three +1
  • Channel 14 - Rush
  • Channel 15 - Te Reo
  • Channel 18 - Eden +1
  • Channel 19 - HGTV
  • Channel 20 - Al Jazeera English
  • Channel 25 - Shine TV
  • Channel 26 - Firstlight
  • Channel 27 - Hope Channel
  • Channel 28 - TV28
  • Channel 32 - Parliament TV
  • Channel 33 - Channel 33
  • Channel 36 - APNA Television
  • Channel 39 - 39 Southern Television
  • Channel 41 - Wairarapa TV
  • Channel 48 - Television Hawke’s Bay
  • Channel 50 - RNZ National
  • Channel 51 - RNZ Concert
  • Channel 70 - George FM
  • Channel 71 - Base FM
  • Channel 200 - CH200

Note: Channels on Freeview vary by service and/or region. Freeview’s UHF service covers 86% of New Zealand’s population and satellite, 100%.

3 Likes

Rush and Bravo +1 should swap places. It would fit with the pattern they are trying to make better

4 Likes

Agreed. They should also bring HGTV up as well instead of TVNZ2 +1

2 Likes

With the TVNZ-RNZ merger expected to be announced tomorrow, details are emerging saying that Cabinet has signed off a plan that would see both organisations disestablished to create a new entity.

4 Likes

I wonder what the new entity will be called? RTNZ perhaps.

3 Likes

Hopefully something more innovative without nz in it