NZBC?

4 Likes

Aotearoa Broadcasting Corporation - ABC :grinning:

6 Likes

It’ll be something Te Reo I suspect.

4 Likes

My guessing too

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It’s an inevitable move. These days people just want ‘content’ , whether it’s audio, video or text and it makes little sense having two govt outlets duplicating each other.

Looks like there’ll be some separation between RNZ and TVNZ however in order to keep RNZ completely commercial-free. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s more sharing of newsroom and reporting resources.

3 Likes

I would assume that they would have looked at mediaworks and the model that was in place before the tv division was sold.

For what its worth, it actually worked well, especially the news division being the same on radio and television, but with a name like 1news, that wont work, so hoping they have a universal name for its news brand moving forward, channel based news, is old school

2 Likes

A bit of a tangent but I’m not convinced ‘Newshub’ was a very successful branding for TV3/Three, no inherent connection between the channel and the news brand.

2 Likes

Probably works out for them now with the 8pm bulletin on Eden

4 Likes

Exactly! Can you imagine if they had 1news live at 8pm on Duke? But if you look at Newshub live at 8pm on Eden, that works.

I get a brand has been built for both organisations proposed to merge, but they already have the numbers, and the loyalty. I cannot see viewer tuning out over a name change. Branding is everything yes, but content is key, thats what will help draw and retain numbers

2 Likes

RTA - Radio Television Aotearoa could work.

4 Likes

I can’t see the words ‘radio’ or ‘television’ being part of the name.Or even ‘broadcasting’. Yes this is a merger of the two organisations but it’s about future proofing them into a digital world (even if I don’t really agree with the whole idea myself).
It’s not about radio or television, it’s about audio and visual. I think a new name will bring those together under one umbrella.

10 Likes

A mega Dinosaur from the duo service provider, it will be worse then current and nothing like like it’s former NZBC. It will try to be the BBC, CBC or ABC.

I wonder if they will find a larger building and have everyone in one place.

Aren’t they right next door to each other in Auckland.

Mini-series Informer 3838 premieres on TVNZ1 this Saturday (March 12) at 10.40pm. Based on the timeslot, it looks like it will air in 4 x 1 hour instalments.

10-part observational series Nurses Down Under, filmed at Sydney’s St Vincent’s Hospital, debuts on TVNZ1 next Tuesday (March 15) at 8.30pm. It was co-commissioned by Seven Network in Australia and UKTV and was axed after one season.

A couple of blocks away. Walking distance. But I suspect they’d look to rehouse everyone under TVNZ’s building perhaps.

3 Likes

Features small interview with Juliet Peterson, Senior Director of Programming from Discovery

2 Likes

TVNZ’s building is a ghost town now. Gone are the days when there were receptionists at every level, a bustling caf, and plenty more employees.

RNZ’ers would be able to fit quite snug I’d imagine.

5 Likes

Quote from the article: “Choice isn’t for me”

Who says that? Who doesn’t want choice?
So much for diversity, eh?