New Zealand TV

I notice tvnz have updated some of their music tracks. Is any body able to record and upload the variety of signposts they use on all these channels and at different times? I have also noticed with the update of their ondemand and corporate website the on demand logo just uses the corporate swirl now. Don’t see the poin because it doesnt differenciate the ondemand service anymore.

MĀORI TELEVISION TO RELOCATE TO SOUTH AUCKLAND

Māori Television has selected a south Auckland site as the location for its new headquarters.

The building at 433 and 441 East Tāmaki Road, East Tāmaki, has been confirmed following an extensive and thorough evaluation process.

From yesterday’s Seven media release

The RLWC2017 Organising Committee can also confirm that SKY Sport (NZ) has secured the New Zealand broadcast rights to the Women’s Rugby League World Cup 2017, with EMTV granted the rights in Papua New Guinea.

After months of extensive number crunching I think I’ve finally cracked the biggest mathematical problem of the 21st century… here is the solution to +hr=e…

MediaSpy doesn’t have nobel prizes does it?

3 Likes

One of my biggest pet peeve’s of FTA TV is infomercials, truly the laziest form of programming for a TV channel. But I see sky have dropped them on Prime in favor of simply playing show promos and promos/previews of SKY content overnight and showing children’s programming from 6am followed by a daytime lineup.

A positive move as there was a time where prime played infomercials just after midnight until the late morning with a couple of The Crowd Goes Wild repeats chucked in for good measure.

3 Likes

Prime changed to the current overnight schedule from 1 Jan 2017. I agree, it’s good to see someone else programming for kids other than Tumbleweed2

The Block NZ is returning for it’s sixth season on 25 June on Three.

1 Like

Fun fact #4: 20 Years ago on this day TV3 little sister channel, TV4 launched.

If you included Trackside & MTV then, NZ had six F-T-A channels… so advanced!

2 Likes

I think tvnz2 just played a pre recorded continuity ident into survivor. I know just to alert viewers of a schedule change but it was so trippy.

Just saw who won Survivor New Zealand, Some Dude named Avi Won after Surviving 39 Days.

NZ now up to a “whopping” 5 HD channels, with the addition yesterday of Maori TV and Te Reo in HD.

Here’s a rough graphic of channels since DTT started…

Note, some of the little channels may have disappeared (I think Fashion TV is currently AWOL for a bit and Worldnet TV seemed to disappear about 5 months ago without any press release), but overall it should be fairly accurate.

3 Likes

I have a confession - I’ve been watching Jono and Ben and I quite enjoy it

1 Like

It’s not bad. Good to switch on for a laugh. Preferred it when it was on Friday though

1 Like

I got onto it through one of their song parodies on YouTube - I’m surprised that someone hasn’t tried to buy the rights to show it here as multichannel filler

For those who are interested: Survivor NZ got renewed and they are bumping the cash prize to $250,000

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/survivor-new-zealand

TVNZ1 and TVNZ2 have both changed their on screen presentation and DOGs to ‘tahi’ and ‘rua’ for Maori Language Week.

5 Likes

What’s “Duke” in Te Reo? Kingi?

1 Like

Labour pledges $38m to public broadcasting
From RNZ, “The Labour Party wants to create a new public digital media service, built around RNZ, to transform it into something similar to the ABC in Australia.”

1 Like

I find it pretty incredible that a lot of countries like New Zealand look up to Australia when it comes to public broadcasting. It seems like our ABC being free from commercial interference is a rarity we should cherish (looking at CBC in Canada and TNNZ in New Zealand, both of which seemingly are filled to the hilt with ads).

I had a lecturer a couple of weeks ago telling me about how woeful the New Zealand TV market is in comparison to ours, which took me by surprise. But I don’t know how true that is.

2 Likes

From the very little I’ve seen of TVNZ, their ad breaks probably aren’t entirely dissimilar to what we’ve come to expect from Australian commercial TV!