New Zealand TV

I don’t mind the updated logo and watermark, but the news logo looks sorta amateurish. I’d have updated the news font or something, I also think it would look more authoritative stacked rather than landscape.

3 Likes

Loving the use of the P.

Also not related to the new look, but it’s interesting that they never say “tonight on Prime” it’s “Tonight, Prime”

To be honest, if they just removed the orange rectangle from it then it’d look better.

1 Like

Same, they could have gone different colour

Hi guys I want to inform you that Barkley Manor has been pulled from Tuesday 8pm slot and moving to Sunday afternoons at 4.30pm after lower than expected ratings during the second season. Last week’s episodes posted a 9.4 share of 25-54 year-olds vs a 27.6 share for TVNZ 2’s Travel Guides Australia and a 27.8 share for Three’s Married at First Sight Australia .

1 Like

Lego Masters: Grand Masters premieres on Three on Sunday, April 16, six days after Australia. However, the show will air weekly in NZ, unlike the Australian broadcast which has three episodes per week.

1 Like

Probably a wise move, I see the NZ version will air Monday-Wednesday on TVNZ2.

Another interesting programming change is The Rookie which only just aired Monday night on Three is actually shifting to TVNZ2 from tomorrow night. It’s spinoff Rookie Feds will follow on from it at 9:30.

2 Likes

The show rated pretty well for Three when it aired so this is quite a big loss for them.

1 Like

Surely, the reason for this is Three are cutting back on foreign imports so it can invest more into reality series and docomentries as the channel is moving away from general entertainment focus which led TVNZ to be brave enough to pick up ongoing series of The Rookie and the spinoff The Rookie: Feds and after a repeat of Good With Wood is finished TVNZ 1 will revert late Friday Night slot which had been dominated by repeat of British reality series back to US network drama series where will screen a country music drama Monarch which it been cancelled in the US after one season

Sky, NZ broadcast rights holder for RWC 2023, has today announced free-to-air coverage will screen on Prime.

Prime’s free-to-air coverage ensures all New Zealanders can get behind one of our most beloved teams, the All Blacks, as they face their global counterparts across the seven-week tournament.

As well as 48 matches broadcast live on Sky Sport, 12 matches will be broadcast on free-to-air channel Prime (six of them live) delivering enticing entertainment to our rugby mad nation.

https://www.sky.co.nz/-/prime-to-broadcast-free-to-air-rwc-france-2023

A wee bit of a surprise as it had seemed TVNZ or Discovery seemed destined for these. Guessing the financials/number of games didn’t stack up for those other FTAs.

4 Likes

Because once again in many years that Prime TV is having a sport overload isn’t that putting pressure on the own FTA channel. I think that SKY should let other FTA’s like TVNZ and WB Discovery have a fair price in bigger sporting events such as future Cricket and Netball world cups.

New logo for Freeview NZ, I’m not a big fan of the new logo, I would of preferred if they kept the image of NZ in the logo.

4 Likes

Northern hemisphere rugby is always going to be a hard slog for the big two players to put up a lot for, especially after previous RWCs suggest it’d be unlikely to get an exemption from the Sunday morning advertising ban (and that what Three tried to do to get around it a while back would be frowned upon).

The restriction wouldn’t include the big group stage games for the All Blacks as they are Friday night in France (Saturday morning in NZ) but it does include a semi final and the final that the All Blacks could be in (the former if they top their group).

The likelihood that Prime will only be showing, effectively, the All Blacks games live and delaying the rest they show is a bit icky, but I guess it’d fill a weekend afternoon.

Of course, we’re in the same deal on the other side of the ditch, with Nine only showing the games they have to under anti-siphoning (Wallabies games + the final) and giving the rest to Stan - but they could be excused for that over here.

2 Likes
1 Like

Paul Henry is coming back to TV, to host a New Zealand version of “The Traitors”.

3 Likes

Australian Survivor: Heroes v Villains premieres on TVNZ2 next Friday (May 5) at 7.30pm. It was set in Samoa and featured a mixture of new and returning players.

TVNZ2 will then fasttrack season 15 of MasterChef Australia with the first dozen of episodes shown one week after Australia. The show will premiere on Sunday, May 7 at 7pm, continuing Monday to Wednesday nights at 7.30pm. (In Australia, MasterChef is shown from Sunday to Thursday nights)
Jamie Oliver is special guest for the first two episodes.

Profiles of 18 contestants:

1 Like

Due to the shocking passing of Jock Zonfrillo, Network 10 has made the decision to not air Masterchef Australia this week. The premiere episode with Jamie Oliver was expected to air tonight over in the ditch.

TVNZ has made an announcement on the passing and removed its promotion for the new season on their Facebook cover page.

Prayers to the Zonfrillo family in this challenging time. :pray:

2 Likes

Tonight? Was NZ going to be receiving this season ahead of Austalia??

The NZ broadcast was gonna follow Australia 1 week behind.

1 Like

Yeah it was starting Sunday.

1 Like