New Zealand TV

Interesting to note that if you watch TVNZ 1 on the TVNZ+ app you now only get TVNZ+ promos and none of the ads the air on FTA.

1 Like

I noticed this when I watched a bulletin on there the other night, although via the website. Seems pretty pointless unless they are expecting advertisers to pay extra to be seen on the app?

1 Like

I think its exactly this. As well as trying to attract online only advertisers

1 Like

Noticed a bit of this with the Oscars broadcast yesterday on 2. Some of the breaks were just full on TVNZ+ promos.

They do that most years. Guessing because breaks can run long/short so they cover it with promos and also extended idents as well.

3 Likes

Prime’s new logo is in effect today + slight new rebrand

5 Likes

Watermark doesn’t look that bad - could be smaller though. Animation coming back from breaks is tidy.

2 Likes

Just a few caps. I’m recording some elements now

Prime News has also got the updated logo but nothing else has changed.

Watermark

End Board

Prime News

Signpost

7 Likes

news logo looks bland… I’ve seen better mocks than that on ms!
Actually, now I think of it, it all looks a bit Mitre 10 Mega

2 Likes

I prefer this. The last logo looked hideous.

1 Like

I quite like it but not a massive fan of the prime news logo.

Just a small montage of the On Air look

7 Likes

Prime News logo looks very off to me but otherwise, this looks pretty good. Definitely exceeded my expectations when the new logo was leaked here a few weeks back.

7 Likes

I think it’s a nice little refresh, makes the brand stand out a bit more. Not revolutionary but a subtle change.

2 Likes

Would have looked better if they put this logo navy or black. Currently got too much orange in one spot

2 Likes

I don’t mind the updated logo and watermark, but the news logo looks sorta amateurish. I’d have updated the news font or something, I also think it would look more authoritative stacked rather than landscape.

3 Likes

Loving the use of the P.

Also not related to the new look, but it’s interesting that they never say “tonight on Prime” it’s “Tonight, Prime”

To be honest, if they just removed the orange rectangle from it then it’d look better.

1 Like

Same, they could have gone different colour

Hi guys I want to inform you that Barkley Manor has been pulled from Tuesday 8pm slot and moving to Sunday afternoons at 4.30pm after lower than expected ratings during the second season. Last week’s episodes posted a 9.4 share of 25-54 year-olds vs a 27.6 share for TVNZ 2’s Travel Guides Australia and a 27.8 share for Three’s Married at First Sight Australia .

1 Like