New Zealand TV

It looks tiny from the outside, hard to believe they can fit everyone inside.

3 Likes

Tall windows and very curved couch probably help, as do camera angles etc.

3 Likes

All together now, 1-2-3…

Untitled

… well, not 1 or 2, but HGTV & Choice now appear with +HR=E… which is mildly strange to see. I wonder how long before we see some cross-promotion?

3 Likes

Over 1.5 million people watched the 2020 America’s Cup World Series during the weekend:

2 Likes

@TV4, It would sound better as “Discovery Aotearoa”

1 Like

Music special Christmas with Delta will premiere on TVNZ1 tomorrow (Christmas Day) from 12.15pm to 1.15pm. When it aired on Nine in Australia it ran for nearly 90 minutes including ads, so I think there will be some editing.

1 Like

No advertising allowed on Xmas day in NZ, so that might play a part?

7 Likes

Why’s that?

Jesus would smite us.

No, basically just tradition now at this point and no one has pushed hard enough to change it. Good Friday and Easter Sunday also no ads days. Rather quaint but quite nice at the same time if you are watching TV!

6 Likes

Is it just paid ads? So is it like ABC, with only network ads?

Yep. Network promos can still air.

1 Like

That’s not the name of the country though.

2 Likes

…yet

1 Like

New Year Fireworks at the Auckland’s Sky Tower will be aired live at 11:55pm (New Year’s Eve, Thursday) on TVNZ 1, TVNZ 2 and TVNZ Duke.

4 Likes

Assuming it’ll be the usual ‘no frills’ coverage (ie; TVNZ just airing a feed of the fireworks at Sky Tower without having a presenter)?

1 Like

Live cross during “Year in Review 2020”

1 Like

Live coverage of the New Year’s Eve fireworks - across all TVNZ channels (1, 2 and DUKE) - concluded with co-hosts Wendy Petrie and Jordan Vandermade signing off.

4 Likes

I saw a snippet of the earlier TVNZ 1 broadcast and they tied in a live cross to Jordan at the Viaduct. Not bad given the show was clearly pre-recorded.

Wendy and Jordan also gave a short sign off after the fireworks concluded.

2 Likes

The fireworks are on YouTube from multiple sources.

2 Likes

Junior MasterChef Australia season 3 premiered on TVNZ 2 tonight (January 4). It will generally be shown at 7.35pm on Mondays to Wednesdays.