New Zealand TV

I thought the same to be honest, seems a strange pickup by Discovery.

2 Likes

Hopefully they change Bravo to be more than Real Housewives and more like TVNZ 2

5 Likes

What I’d like to know is when discovery + on demand App is coming to nz , as the 3 Now App is not that great putting it nicely
It would be great to see choice live stream online as well seen that discovery also on choice & HGTV

2 Likes

Im hoping discovery changes the name of “three” so its not identified as a number and more of a brand name for the channel.

3 Likes

Not sure they’d do that - but then again Newshub has kinda proven to be a success.

1 Like

I don’t mind Three or 3 as a name but the +HR=E logo needs a complete redesign imo.

7 Likes

Identifying as a number seems too old school and stuck in the past.

2 Likes

Fair, especially when they properly enter the streaming game, but are there any brand names that don’t sound ridiculous ?

2 Likes

There should be a Rebranding of Three as Discovery would want to uniform its portfolio in the Pacific & create an Platform for its streaming service by 3Q 2021.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Discovery is already a worldwide brand. They need something else. Like “D-TV” or “Discovery 3”.

1 Like

Or Quest.

1 Like

I like D3 or even 3D have the D logo with the globe plus the numeral.

1 Like

Yes, that would be cool! Something like Discovery 3, but stylised as D3 (ie it would officially be known as Discovery 3, but people would just say D3). And Bravo would become Discovery 4/D4.

TV3 had a short lived 60 Minutes style show called that a few years ago.

3 Likes

Not sure that they need to add Discovery to the name when most of their other brands are without it.
But

would be an easy rebrand… it would look better than +HR=E :laughing:

1 Like

I think they should go back to using TV3 with a new logo. The network is now owned by a major foreign media corporation who will influence the content more than any former owner.

TV3 is a heritage brand in NZ and I think the channel needs to lean in more to it’s “kiwi-ness” than doing the opposite. Quest any other existing Discovery name may be good for a secondary channel, but not the flagship channel

9 Likes

Have a look at the Discovery Intl Corporate site, you’ll see all their FTA channels have dull logos… really dull logos, and no use of the Disco moniker.

2 Likes

@AustralianAerial There already is a channel called Quest, which is in the UK and Ireland.

2 Likes

Yes, owned by discovery! That’s why we suggested it.

3 Likes