New Zealand Radio

Prime are showing it.

3 Likes

Just a random observation
After been down for about 18 months I have noticed 94.2 The Rock Tauranga online stream is working again on the ROVA app.

Good to be able to listen to a bit of The Rock again when I want to from here in Oz

@Reece @Michael_Eccles @OnAir I am informed that Prime will be screening a Tova O’Brien special called “Tova Meets Zelensky” at 7.30pm next Monday (22 August).

Today FM’s Tova O’Brien sits down with President Volodymyr Zelensky for an exclusive interview to hear first-hand his response to New Zealand’s support of Ukraine in the face of Russia’s illegal invasion.

Will it be Today FM branded?

Most likely minimal branding. But I wouldn’t put it past them to promote the station during it.

1 Like

Great Spinoff piece about the history of Channel Z.

2 Likes

This is good, too, about The Platform:

1 Like
1 Like

What was he doing before then? Thought he was in that role already?

I believe he was a producer/setup producer, Tom and Ella are switching roles.

1 Like

Kid looks like a gun from his work so far.

Ella Prendergast posted to her Linkedin

A little bit surreal that this time next week I’ll be on my way to Verona, Italy, to live. Stoked to share with you guys though that I’ll be staying on with Today FM as a set up producer for Tova, with the time zone difference providing the perfect solution to the demanding hours of breakfast radio.

3 Likes

Beneath The Glass Ceiling NZ Instagram

:thinking:

interesting article about channel z
and their turbulent
history

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiBAwgrPEnG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

@OnAir With Dave Letele (formerly known as the Brown Buttabean) and his Buttabean Radio Show moving to a talkback format on Friday nights, according to co-host Nats Levi via Instagram, what will happen to Sunday lunchtimes on Today FM (12-2pm)?

Didn’t take long for the axe to fall.

Just tuned in. No Robett Live (usually 12-2). Marc Peard Sport now 12-6 Saturday and Sunday (was only Saturdays 2-6). Hill’s Sunday (Graeme Hill 2-7 Sunday) gone too it seems.

They also said John Day is moving into a “Mon-Fri job” - reading the sports news on First Light and Tova.

1 Like

Interesting. I like Marc’s show but 4 hours (or shorter) seemed like the perfect shift. Expanding that to 12 over the course of the weekend is big. Is he still producing Leah and Mark too?

Robett Live was an odd show - I never quite got it. Buttabean is a good talent.

Wonder if Graeme Hill might end up on RNZ as Bryan Crump’s replacement?

Not sure on that, they didn’t say

Agree.

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

Dave Letele said on his programme today that his Friday night show will be 9pm-12am