New Zealand Radio

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiBAwgrPEnG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

@OnAir With Dave Letele (formerly known as the Brown Buttabean) and his Buttabean Radio Show moving to a talkback format on Friday nights, according to co-host Nats Levi via Instagram, what will happen to Sunday lunchtimes on Today FM (12-2pm)?

Didnā€™t take long for the axe to fall.

Just tuned in. No Robett Live (usually 12-2). Marc Peard Sport now 12-6 Saturday and Sunday (was only Saturdays 2-6). Hillā€™s Sunday (Graeme Hill 2-7 Sunday) gone too it seems.

They also said John Day is moving into a ā€œMon-Fri jobā€ - reading the sports news on First Light and Tova.

1 Like

Interesting. I like Marcā€™s show but 4 hours (or shorter) seemed like the perfect shift. Expanding that to 12 over the course of the weekend is big. Is he still producing Leah and Mark too?

Robett Live was an odd show - I never quite got it. Buttabean is a good talent.

Wonder if Graeme Hill might end up on RNZ as Bryan Crumpā€™s replacement?

Not sure on that, they didnā€™t say

Agree.

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

Dave Letele said on his programme today that his Friday night show will be 9pm-12am

Does anyone know if ZM does seperate voice breaks for Auckland now? Iā€™ve seen that there is a station called ZM Auckland on iHeartRadio

Interesting - does anyone know what happened to The Core podcast/show on TodayFM. Last uploaded in June. Is it still broadcast?

It is still broadcast as The Coreā€™s page, via the Today FM website, is still shown.

I donā€™t believe they are but NZME have recently started offering Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch streams of their stations on iheart. Definitely a good move if you are a local advertiser in those markets and Mediworks does this already for a lot of their markets.

Tuned in tonight and it sounded like the KiwiAs podcast

The podcasts are now not released all at once. Instead a bit more spread out. Currently what you donā€™t know aboutā€¦ is in production.

1 Like

Makes sense! Cheers @theGradyConnell

1 Like

Although it does remind me we need to update that part of the website and put hiatus on some of them

must be rating time coning up with stations doing annual countdowns
ie coast 500 countdown and now the
rock 2000
sound and magic just
did their a to z

2 Likes
6 Likes

Survey is always happening.

Been listening to coverage of Queen Elizabeth IIā€™s passing on top of the hour (9am NZST) on most stations, most of them donā€™t really go to somber/reflecting music so they just play normal music as usual which I find it really weird despite the whole nation is in mourning.

2 Likes

Iā€™d assume some of the more extremely upbeat songs would be cycled out in favor of something a bit more softer but it seems like thatā€™s not quite the case.

To be fair, RNZā€™s part in OLB only mentions that they canā€™t play punk music or anything by Queen.

1 Like

This isnā€™t Britain. Yes - plenty of people will be sad but it doesnā€™t require a huge tonal change as itā€™s not so much a surprising death.

5 Likes