Network Ten 2018

Though the nostalgia is strong, why would they resurrect Video Hits when they have The Loop on Eleven? They seem like extremely similar programs.

2 Likes

Thank GOD its not true! Would’ve been disastrous like the lara bingle show era!

1 Like

Would seem pretty obvious (to me at least) that Pilot Week will be wc August 12th.

Trial by Kyle was confirmed on thier KISS FM radio show and on Mumbrella.

“People will come in with their stupid arguments, neighborhood disputes, maybe some girl got a tit job and she wants to sue her doctor cause it’s a botched job,”

“Real-life feuds, celebrities going up against photographers. We already have one of those locked in. This is sort of the show that’s going I’m going to do.”

Its one episode only - so likely to be part of pilot week.

Someone book Ita & Denise Drysdale Stat - the brussel sprout saga needs to be on trial :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Kyle is delusional:

4 Likes

This will be a giant flop.

2 Likes

Sounds very gimmicky, I don’t mind the idea behind the show but Kyle is the wrong host. The planned show for Gina Liano would’ve been a better option if they wanted to commission something in this general genre.

12 Likes

Hopefully it ends up being a panel with Gina included.

I like this Kyle Sandilands pilot idea . Finally something out of Ten that could be half decent.

Couldn’t agree less. An OK-ish programming decision with a terrible media personality.

5 Likes

Kyle isn’t quite the kiss of death that Jackie O is when it comes to TV, but still can’t see it working. Interesting concept though.

3 Likes

Has there been anything said about the future of the shows from pilot week? Like is there going to be a public vote or something, or is there going to be one obvious stand out they’ve already commissioned and shows like Kyle’s are just to create some publicity and buzz?

I’d say ratings will probably provide the best indicator to Ten whether or not they commission any of the shows for a full season, whatever that may be. I read somewhere that someone from Ten said that ideally would like to commission as many of the pilots as possible if they’re successful or popular with audiences.

5 Likes

Apart from his time as a judge on Australian Idol everything else has been s flop. Jackie O had Popstars but then everything else was a flop. Therefore, I’d say they were even on Kiss of Death status.

2 Likes

That would be Kiis of Death :wink:

11 Likes

If that’s the price we have to pay to get Sale of the Century back on TV, I’m okay with it.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the Kyle concept. I’d say it’s closer to Hughesy I’ve Got A Problem than to Judge Judy.

3 Likes

Yeah that is what i was thinking as well.