Network Ten 2018

Kerri-Anne Kennerley and Miguel Maestre have supposedly according to New Idea shot a short pilot for a new series of Ready, Steady, Cook. New Idea do occasionally publish fact rather than fiction, so it could be true.

5 Likes

prays for Huey’s Cooking Adventures revival series :crossed_fingers:

But seriously, great to see Ten already investing so much interest in bringing in new shows, both old and new formats, exciting times ahead for Ten ahead :slight_smile:

8 Likes

maybe they could show it during “Pilot Week” and all the other rumoured shows. Like Judge Judy Australia, Sunday Night Takeway and Dancing With The Stars.

it’s an old meme, but it checks out

I’ll fucking eat the amount of salt he usually uses per episode if it gets revived.

6 Likes

Well there’s a headline I never thought I’d see.

I’m assuming this would take an afternoon slot?

How would they do a dancing with the stars pilot in one episode?

2 Likes

Maybe do like pilot screening for 2 hours and do an elimination based on the scores of judges, perhaps - perhaps use current sporting personalities that may not be able to commit to a full seasons. Perhaps have 6 teams to start with and eliminate them one by one after each dance - the final could be between 3 teams rather than 2. In the event of a tie, there would be a dance off… Just a suggestion as to how it may work

Please please PLEASE let Video Hits, So You Think You Can Dance? and Yasmin’s Getting Married be next :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You weren’t a fan of the ratings success that was “Everybody Dance Now!”?

Sorry, I’m still trying to find the sarcasm button on here…

Much like everyone else, I was watching the Olympics :wink:

Any new ideas? Or just resurrecting old formats?

1 Like

They have that history show but i guess its not really original either

Would love to see that Ready Steady Cook revival. Loved that show when I was younger - when I stayed home from school :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Except these days the ingredients would be expensive, weird, trend foods no one can afford.

1 Like

From Mediaweek:

yeah… not sure about that. They’ll be hard pressed to ever beat the performance they delivered in 2004 IMO (where they came very, very close to pipping Seven nationally).

2 Likes

Australian Financial Review reports Ten has commissioned a pilot episode of a show featuring former Labor Senator Sam Dastyari and Roxy Jacenko, which will be part of Pilot Week.

They’d be better off on Dancing with the Stars, not this. I would rather watch someone claw a chalkboard than these two fame whores.

2 Likes

Roxy Jacenko has denied filming a pilot, suggesting her name has been linked to the project simply to generate publicity.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/roxy-jacenko-and-sam-dastyari-to-star-together-in-new-tv-show-report/news-story/94744e344fe47e90c9b5df1cfe8dceab