Network Ten 2018

I dont think it was ever stated that all of the pilots would be drama.

2 Likes

I thought last year they made it a big deal it would give writers an opportunity and bring scripted shows back. But I could have just interrupted it incorrectly.

Yeah I can’t see anywhere it’s mentioned that they would be dramas, it might’ve just been an assumption as it just references pilots in general so there could be 8 different genres that they’re trialing over the week.

2 Likes

Scripted isn’t just drama.

I know…

Seems a strange get for Ten if this is true.

5 Likes

I suggested this a few years ago for a double hour with the Feud. It’s the definitive quiz show.

If revived, any hints as to who may be host of the show? Hopefully it will be like Tony Barber was throughout the 1980s and up until 1991 when he left the show

Amanda Keller hosting with Scott Tweedie cohost candy for Amanda’s eye :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I actually love that idea.

If true, will it take the 6:30pm slot or would Ten be tempted to screen The Project from 6:30pm til 7pm and follow it with Sale Of The Century (assuming that they screen it 5 nights a week). I strongly doubt they will chance their hand at airing it at 6pm, especially given Tony Barber’s Jeopardy failing in that slot 23 years ago.

With all the talk of revivals, I wonder if Ten would be game to try and revive a Beyond 2000/Towards 2000 style show. Yes I know Seven did Beyond Tomorrow and it had a lacklustre reception (only producing 50 episodes under that title) and there is a high production cost associated with the show. Also noting Ten had Beyond 2000 from 1993 to 1999.

It would be interesting to see if they are game enough to try it again.

If Pointless is only airing weeknights could this be a possible contender for 6pm on Sundays? Maybe Saturday nights also since they’re only running repeats there with new content usually from 6:30pm? I don’t know the format or if it would only work with one or two episodes a week I’m just trying to think of where this could fit in their schedule.

It could work weekly but it would need to have a self-contained beginning and an end. It needs to be top-shelf, glamorous and expensive - that was part of the appeal of the original.

Of all shows, Denyer would be the ideal modern-day Tony Barber, with maybe Sophie Monk? But I like the above idea of a gender reversal. Dr Chris Brown would also been great.

Chris Brown would be great. Amanda too but might not have time.

Sale Of The Century could just be a back up plan, in case Pointless fails.

I love the idea of ‘Sale’ coming back. Hope it’s true. And reallllllly hope they don’t go down that Price is Right fuck up trail :flushed:

1 Like

That was my first thought, but then again, they might be looking at another evening option

3AW’s Tom Elliott spoke to Tony Barber by phone this afternoon regarding the possible revival of Sale of the Century, and Tony said he and Delvene Delaney were available.

:joy: How about, no.

2 Likes