Network Ten 2017

##sport IN 2017

A huge summer of cricket kicks off next month, when Network Ten presents the KFC Big Bash League and the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League – live, free and exclusive.

The KFC Big Bash League returns on 20 December. A bumper schedule will see 35 matches played in 40 days, including four double-headers. With all 35 matches to be broadcast in prime time on TEN or ONE, fans will not miss a minute of the action.

Australian cricket legend Andrew Symonds, current Australian cricket team coach Darren Lehmann and former New Zealand cricket captain Brendon McCullum will join Network Ten’s commentary team this summer.

Symonds, Lehmann and McCullum, as well as returning crowd favourite Kevin Pietersen, will join regular expert commentators Adam Gilchrist AM, Ricky Ponting AO, Mark Waugh AM and Damien Fleming to complete an all-star line-up in the commentary box.

Earlier this year Network Ten announced that multi-award-nominated presenter Roz Kelly will return to Australian television to co-host the broadcast alongside Adam Gilchrist this summer.
Network Ten Executive, Big Bash, David Barham, said: “The addition of Symonds, Lehmann and McCullum to Network Ten’s commentary team ensures that our coverage of the KFC Big Bash League will continue to be a first-class television experience for fans of all ages.

“Network Ten has the most exciting and contemporary cricket commentary team. To have the current Australian coach in the commentary box for the KFC Big Bash League is unprecedented for fans around the country and something that we are very much looking forward to.

“The KFC Big Bash League has gone from strength to strength on Network Ten over the past three years and we look forward to another bumper season this summer,” he said.

Network Ten will broadcast 12 matches of the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League, including four of the matches that launch the 2016-17 season from Saturday, 10 December, live and exclusive on TEN. That will mark the first time a standalone women’s sporting competition has been broadcast in prime time on any commercial free-to-air television network’s primary channel.

Ten of the 12 Rebel Women’s Big Bash League matches will be seen on the main TEN channel. Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar will be back as commentators, after their successful inaugural season in 2015-16, along with Andy Maher.

Cricket is just the start of Network Ten’s sport line-up for 2017.

For motorsport fans, the line-up includes the Australian Formula One Grand Prix and other key Formula One races, the best MotoGP races including Phillip Island, the hit magazine show RPM and the biggest Supercars Championship events, including the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Rugby fans will have a big year in 2017, with Network Ten presenting three matches as part of the June Test Series; all of the Wallabies’ matches in the Rugby Championship; and a third match against New Zealand.

###ELEVEN AND ONE IN 2017.

ONE has had an exceptional year in 2017 and is the only commercial multi-channel to have increased its prime time total people audience.

ONE’s success has been driven by delivering a consistent schedule across the week, anchored Monday to Thursday with strong, factual programming such as Undercover Boss, 48 Hours and Sir David Attenborough specials.

With those shows as anchors, ONE’s prime time schedule has been consolidated with a combination of retro movies and premium factual shows such as Megafactories, Bear Grylls: Mission Survive and COPS. That strategy will continue in 2017 and will be complemented by new male-skewing programs such as Building Invincible, Rocky Mountain Railroad and Car Crash Global.

ELEVEN enjoyed another successful year in 2016 in its core target audience of people aged 16 to 39. Its ongoing success is driven by a strong early-evening block of stripped programming including Australia’s longest running serial drama, Neighbours, plus The Simpsons and How I Met Your Mother.

This year ELEVEN successfully launched a number of new programs including Fresh Off The Boat, Son of Zorn and the Emmy Award-winning Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. They joined long- running favourites such as Supernatural, Bob’s Burgers and New Girl, plus the show that introduced the social phenomenon of carpool karaoke, The Late Late Show With James Corden.

In 2017 ELEVEN will add more premium content, including No Tomorrow, The Great Indoors and the musical drama series Star, plus new seasons of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Dating Naked, Bondi Ink Tattoo and Sleepy Hollow.

1 Like

Wow they definitely get the trophy for the most underwhelming upfronts.

3 Likes

But they win on hyperbole - calling the Wrong Girl a hit?

I thought they would have had the sense to drop All Star Family Feud. Thankfully the TV career of Chrissie Swan may be over.

You have another vendetta? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well I do agree with him on that front.

1 Like

No, this one’s a “cause”. Mind you, BJT2 will accuse me of being anti-Melbourne, which is something that Ten could never be accused of.

2 Likes

It is really unfortunate that Chrissie Swan has been involved in two duds. I find her extremely easy to engage with. I don’t think it was so much her on these shows rather the fact they weren’t exactly great tv. Long Lost Family was done long long ago back in the 2004 olympics and Spelling Bee was the biggest bore fest.

3 Likes

Also Ten where is Prison Break? Please put this on ONE so it can enjoy some time in the one slot.

Onsold to Foxtel probably.

1 Like

I don’t mind that.

Is that you Peter Ford?

3 Likes

They stopped airing Jane The Virgin S1 on ELEVEN with 2 eps left.

A show on free to air called "Common Sense " lol

I was hoping to hear more about their multi-channels, including possibly a new one?

One looks so old (2011 was the last major update I believe), both it and Eleven need heavy promotion & re-freshes. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be as competitive as stations like 7Two, 7Mate & 9Go!

They had 3 eps left not 2.

Eleven had a major On-Air Presentation refresh in March last year with the “licorice all-sorts” style-graphics, but One desperately needs a relaunch! I think the last major change for them was back in 2012!

1 Like

Your all over that virgin :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. Ten renewing an Australian drama that comes fourth in its timeslot and is out of the top twenty. Yes ten you will certainly get consistency with those decisions. Consistently fourth.

Sisters looks like more of the same crap Wrong Girl & Offspring dishes up. I wonder which sister will sleep with her sister’s boyfriend first? The suspense is killing me

I hope Ten isn’t banking on its OS acquisitions. 24 will undoubtedly flop again just like the reboot. Bull isn’t faring too well and I doubt it will rate here.

I wonder where else they can take Russell Coight. Everything that can be done sort of already has.

Biggest Loser was tanking for years, why bother keeping it on life support. No amount of revamps ever seems to make a difference.

More Jamie Oliver? Seriously?

As boring and underwhelming as the unveiling is I can see where they’re going with the consistency angle. Everything, even if it fails to rate, is coming back and providing stability with a regular slot. Ten are going to be screwed if the audience finally gets fatigue on some of these shows however. As usual they won’t win next year or even come close but they may provide enough competition. It really all depends on MC. If that has a strong outing Ten will be okay. If not it will probably be another house of cards like years past.

As for 11. No tomorrow is currently at death’s door in America and Crazy Ex Girlfriend is one of the lowest rated shows of all time. CBS really needs some decent shows that they can palm off on 11 because these won’t cut it.

That’s Rubbish, at least Both Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and No Tomorrow have great Reviews despite The CW status as a Low Rated Network, they’re holding there Own.

The Wrong Girl isn’t doing badly at all. It should be doing at least 550k if Adelaide didn’t have the power blackout on the premiere night. Its averaging 539k in overnight figures.