Network Ten 2017

If they are claiming to remove the gaps they had this year at 7.30pm with consistant programming all year then I’m guessing Biggest Loser will come straight after I’m a Celeb. It might push Masterchef back a tad so Survivor and Bachelor/Bachelorette can fill the back end of the year.

I was hoping to see them go ahead with Bachelor in Paradise. I think it would’ve done better than TBL.

1 Like

[quote] Tendaily is set to capitalise on the growing demand for short-form content, with the “stand-alone, full-service, mobile-first website” offering short-form news, entertainment, lifestyle, sport and parenting content.

It will draw on the resources of Network Ten as well as other content companies while offering native advertising opportunities to clients. [/quote]

Big Brother ?

Going by this slide from the FY16 presentation i’d say that’s exactly what they plan on doing.

2 Likes

Certainly not the fun or “irreverent” (as they loved to put in press releases) Channel Ten of years ago.

Not sure why The Wrong Girl justified a renewal. Could also say that about TBL.

And agree about the relative neglect of the news department. I know they got burned in 2011 but surely the portfolio demands some sort of boosted profile.

3 Likes

I know it hasn’t been a ratings success but I have really enjoyed Todd Sampsons Body Hack and I’m glad to hear there is more of it coming.
It’s a joint production with Discovery is it not? So that likely offsets the cost associated with it.

2 Likes

I actually like the sound of Sisters, although I agree it is just another female chick-flick show. Which is fine for that market. But I think they have missed that crucial market with a more male driven show. Rush back in the day was quite good for that. Something they could put on Tuesday night.

I also really like the sound of Common Sense. Obviously this will probably air on Thursdays at 8:30, when Gogglebox isn’t on. I would also assume Ten would put Shark Tank on Thursday again this year.

I am not sure how Russell Coight will fair after such a long break. But amazingly it did well on ONE in repeat mode. It will probably fair alright with those that were watching back 13 years ago in the perfect demographic range for Ten.

Other than those 3 shows though ten really don’t have anything else to crow about. It seems like a very stale schedule. I would have loved to have seen a chat show for Sundays (something like James Corden with some youtube click bait segments to expand the online platform), a new 7:30 tentpole of some kind and perhaps one more drama. But nothing really jumps out at me. I am pretty disappointed that they haven’t jumped on the opportunity.

Is that it now? Or will there be more announcements throughout the day?

Judging by that graphic above bachelorette will go before bachelor this time around. Will some of these show run concurrently. As survivor and the bachelor formats are only two nights a week.

No it’s meant to be looked at like a circle. The Bachelor is still first.

But if you follow the arrows, the top row goes > > left to right > > and then the bottom row goes < < right to left < < so it would be the same order.

I stand corrected.

1 Like

there may be more at the event tonight announced. happy about Russell Coight, it was a great show and more comedy is good.

“Sisters will appeal to the same audience that watches Offspring & the Wrong Girl”. Doesn’t Ten want new viewers? Disappointing & completely underwhelming. Another year tussling with the ABC for 3rd place.

1 Like

Ten has’NR got much outside it’s Big Franchises.

Thought their event was this morning, According to TV Tonight.

##Network Ten Announces 2017 Content And Delivery Plans

• Successful Domestic Schedule At 7.30pm Year-Round.
  • The Return Of Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures.
  • New Local Content: Sisters, Wake In Fright, Common Sense, The Biggest Loser: Transformed.
  • Returning Drama Hits: Offspring, The Wrong Girl.
  • Big New Hits From The US: This Is Us, Bull, 24: Legacy.
  • tenplay To Expand From 12 Platforms To 17.
  • New premium short-form content and news website: tendaily

Network Ten today announced its content line-up for 2017 and the further expansion of its industry-leading online service tenplay.

After increasing the prime time audience of the main TEN channel for the third consecutive year, Network Ten heads into 2017 with an exceptional line-up of returning content – across all genres – and key new domestic and international properties on TEN, ELEVEN, ONE and tenplay.

The new domestic content includes The Biggest Loser: Transformed, Common Sense from the makers of Gogglebox, all-new episodes of the iconic series Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures and two major drama events, Wake In Fright and Sisters.

Returning content in 2017 includes proven successes such as MasterChef Australia, KFC Big Bash League, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, Gogglebox Australia, Have You Been Paying Attention?, Offspring, The Wrong Girl, The Project, Family Feud, The Living Room, Shark Tank, Australian Survivor, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia and many more.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “Every night of the week, television draws a willing and engaged audience of 16 million people, something no other medium can match.

“Growth, momentum and consistency have been the hallmark of Ten in recent years and that will continue in 2017.

“Next year we will create year-round consistency in our 7.30pm franchises, something Ten has never achieved before,” he said.

“The 7.30pm content strategy is book-ended by the summer television sensation that is the KFC Big Bash League, which starts in mid-December each summer and runs until late January.

“It will continue across the year with proven hits such as MasterChef Australia, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia, Australian Survivor, The Living Room and The Biggest Loser: Transformed, a refreshed and contemporary version of the highly successful franchise.”

Mr Anderson said Network Ten’s investment in new domestic content such as Australian Survivor, The Wrong Girl and Todd Sampson’s BodyHack was paying dividends and would continue in 2017.

“TEN was the only primary commercial free-to-air channel to increase its prime time audience this year and we achieved our biggest total people audience since 20121.

“As a network, we had our highest commercial shares in total people and 25 to 54s since 20112. Tenplay continued to produce remarkable growth in online catch-up viewing and live streaming, while Ten cemented its position as the leading free-to-air network across social media,” he said.

“Tenplay is already on 12 distribution platforms – more than any other free-to-air network’s online catch-up service – and we will add another five in 2017.”

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “We have a diverse and deeply engaging line-up for 2017, with a great mix of returning and new shows that will reach viewers across multiple screens.

“People come to our network for shows that help them unwind or escape; that help them better understand their fellow Australians; that make them laugh; that connect them to the wider world; and that create moments that they will remember for years to come.

“We are excited that our shows are connecting with audiences in more ways than ever before. Our audiences are growing because we create content that is loved, watched, talked about, tweeted about and commented on.”

Ms McGarvey said that in addition to a full 52-week schedule of premium domestic content at 7.30pm, Network Ten would deliver a consistent schedule of proven domestic shows such as Family Feud, The Project, Have You Been Paying Attention?, Gogglebox Australia, Shark Tank, Offspring and The Wrong Girl, many of which generated significant audience growth in their timeslots during 2016.

“We also have an exciting array of new content for 2017, some of which we are announcing today,” she said. “The return of Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures after a 15-year absence is a perfect example of giving viewers unique and compelling content.

“Wake In Fright and Sisters are extraordinary Australian stories. The Biggest Loser: Transformed will take a beloved brand to a whole new level, while Common Sense – a show about Australians talking about news and current affairs – will get Australia talking,” Ms McGarvey said.

“From overseas, we have the biggest hits of the new US television season – Bull [with Michael Weatherly from NCIS] and This Is Us – as well as Man With A Plan with Matt LeBlanc, Doubt with Katherine Heigl and 24: Legacy, the remarkable reinvention of the 24 franchise.”

Plans for tenplay including new tendaily

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/tenplay/651/57?u=tv.cynic

##New local content for 2017

Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures.
He’s back! After a 15-year break, Australia’s best-loved outback adventurer returns with a brand new series. Yes, Russell Coight is back on Ten, ready to share his unique blend of bushcraft and self-injury with an entire new audience. Looks like it’s time to hit the road with Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures in 2017.

The Biggest Loser: Transformed.
One of Australia’s most iconic and enduring series will return in 2017 in a contemporary and empowering version, The Biggest Loser: Transformed. Hosted by Fiona Falkiner with trainers Shannan Ponton and Libby Babet, and produced by Endemol Shine Australia, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will see a group of everyday Australians tackling relatable weight issues and undergoing transformations of their bodies and their minds. The reimagined and uplifting show will take the latest advancements in health and fitness to create a contemporary and goal-driven approach to transforming people’s lives. The Biggest Loser: Transformed will also be supported by an innovative new app that will help all Australians transform their lives.

Common Sense.
From the creators of the global phenomenon Gogglebox Australia comes Common Sense, a highly entertaining new show being produced for Foxtel’s Lifestyle Channel and Network Ten by Endemol Shine Australia. Common Sense will feature a cast of real people and their real opinions as they round up the week’s most talked-about news topics while in conversation with one another in their workplaces. From general news and current affairs to the latest in politics, sport and popular culture, Common Sense will bring genuine and immediate reactions that highlight the nation’s unfiltered take and differing points of view on the biggest talking points each week.

Sisters.
A contemporary, feel-good family drama from the makers of Offspring, Sisters asks the big questions: what makes you you; what is the difference between being related and being a family; and does it pay to have DNA tests before sleeping with someone? Exploring this fertile terrain is a superb cast that includes Barry Otto, Catherine McClements, Lucy Durack, Maria Angelico, Antonia Prebble, Remy Hii, Dan Spielman, Charlie Garber, Roy Billing, Zindzi Okenyo and the fabulous Magda Szubanski.

Wake In Fright.
This new adaptation of Kenneth Cook’s classic Australian novel will tell the story of John Grant, a young school teacher who descends into his own personal nightmare after being stranded in the small outback mining town of Bundanyabba. Provocative, morally complex and brilliantly realised, Wake In Fright is guaranteed to stay with viewers long into the night and – possibly – for years to come. The two-part television event will be produced by Lingo Pictures in association with Endemol Shine Australia.

##RETURNING LOCAL CONTENT IN 2017

MasterChef Australia, the show that started a food revolution and created a new genre of television, will be back for its ninth season with more amazing amateur chefs, amazing moments and amazing results.

George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston have already selected the Top 50 contestants for 2017. They will be joined by mentor Shannon Bennett and a host of special guest chefs including Heston Blumenthal, Marco Pierre White and Anna Polyviou in what promises to be a spectacular season. MasterChef Australia proved its enduring popularity this year: The Winner Announced episode is the #1 non-sport program of the year among 25 to 54s.

Also returning in 2017 is I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!. Julia Morris and Chris Brown are getting ready to head back into the African jungle with a collection of wonderful, weird and wild celebrities who are guaranteed to deliver laughter, tears, shocks and compelling family entertainment.

In a very different jungle, in a different part of the world, Jonathan LaPaglia and another group of castaways determined to outwit, outlast and outplay each other will take part in the second season of Australian Survivor. The first season of Network Ten’s spectacular version of the world’s biggest reality television brand was embraced by critics and viewers alike, resonated strongly with people online and across social media, and increased TEN’s audience in its timeslot by 26%.

The television, online and social media sensations that are The Bachelor Australia and The Bachelorette Australia will return in 2017, with a brand new Bachelor and Bachelorette and more eligible men and women embarking on their journeys to find love and romance.

After its triumphant return this year, Offspring will be back for its seventh season. The all- star cast led by Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart will tell the next chapter in the funny, sad, uplifting, heart-warming and always engaging story of Nina Proudman and her family.

The new year will bring a second season of Network Ten’s newest hit local drama series, The Wrong Girl. The brilliant Jessica Marais’ character Lily will continue her quest to make sense of a chaotic love life and morning television. With a proven ensemble cast and some exciting new cast members, The Wrong Girl will return funnier and more engaging than ever.

It posted record audience numbers this year and Gogglebox Australia will return in 2017 to again make Australia laugh, cry, think and join in with the Goggleboxers as they shout at the television.

Monday night will remain party night, as Tom Gleisner, Ed Kavalee, Sam Pang and a host of the funniest people in the land present a new season of the hit show Have You Been Paying Attention?. The panel show has increased its audience 22% so far this year and built a strong following across online and social media.

TV Week Gold Logie Award winners Waleed Aly and Carrie Bickmore, plus Peter Helliar, will be back at the desk in 2017 for another year of The Project, presenting news and entertainment in their distinctive, highly informative and increasingly impactful way.

Steve Baxter, Janine Allis, Andrew Banks, Naomi Simson and Glen Richards will return to “the tank” next year, helping a new batch of Aussie entrepreneurs turn their ideas and inventions into successful businesses in the new season of Shark Tank. Grant Denyer is also back for a new season of the much-loved game show Family Feud and its spin-off, All Star Family Feud.

Amanda Keller, Barry Du Bois, Chris Brown and Miguel Maestre are on deck for the sixth season of the award-winning The Living Room, bringing their unique blend of entertainment, advice, makeovers and mayhem into lounge rooms every Friday night.

###NEW OVERSEAS CONTENT IN 2017

This Is Us.
From the writers and directors of Crazy, Stupid, Love, This Is Us is a smart, modern series that follows a group of people – some of whom were born on the same day – as their paths cross and their life stories intertwine in surprising ways. A strong ensemble cast including Mandy Moore (A Walk To Remember), Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) and Sterling. K. Brown (The People V. O.J. Simpson) comes together in a refreshing, honest and provocative new series that will challenge your everyday assumptions about the people you think you know. This Is Us is the breakout hit new series in the US this year.

24: Legacy.
A spin-off from the classic series, 24: Legacy will chronicle the story of Eric Carter, a US military hero who returns home after leading a mission to assassinate a terrorist leader only to find he and his squad members are now the targets of assassins. Carter has to fight to save his life and stop one of the largest terrorist attacks on American soil. The stellar cast of

24: Legacy includes Corey Hawkins (The Walking Dead, Straight Outta Compton) and Australia’s Miranda Otto (The Lord Of The Rings, What Lies Beneath).

Bull.
Former NCIS star Michael Weatherly plays Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick. Bull, which is one of the biggest hits of the new television season in the US, also stars Freddy Rodriguez (Six Feet Under) and Geneva Carr.

Man With A Plan.
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc (Friends, Episodes) plays Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his kids when his wife Andi goes back to work after 13 years as a stay-at-home mother. Adam soon discovers the truth every parent eventually realises: his little angels are devils. With Andi’s encouragement and advice from a couple of equally stressed parents, Adam takes charge of his brood and decides he is going to “nail” this job.

Doubt.
Katherine Heigl (Grey’s Anatomy, Knocked Up) stars as Sadie Ellis, a brilliant attorney at a boutique firm who starts to fall for her charismatic client, Billy Brennan, a paediatric surgeon recently accused of murdering his girlfriend 24 years ago. Sadie’s decision to become involved with her client could put her career, as well as her happiness, at risk if Billy is found guilty, which means she needs to work all the harder to prove reasonable doubt, even if she has some herself. The supporting cast includes Elliott Gould (Ocean’s Eleven, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice) and Laverne Cox (Orange Is The New Black).

###RETURNING OVERSEAS CONTENT IN 2017

Network Ten’s 2017 line-up includes the best content from overseas, such as the most- watched television series in the world – NCIS – plus NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, the acclaimed and multi-award-winning Modern Family, Law & Order: SVU, Madam Secretary and Life In Pieces.

From the UK comes The Graham Norton Show and new series and specials from Sir David Attenborough and Jamie Oliver.