Network 10 2019

Yes - you don’t want viewers to have to do a re-scan to be able to receive your new branding which would be the case for many if LCN 1 became HD and people had skipped LCN 12 in their channel line-ups.

2 Likes

I’m a lady and I’m just as confused by the name ‘peach’. If it’s just a random name, bizarre choice. It there’s a meaning behind it, the network need to shed some light.

1 Like

Since when did 7mate make sense? Calling a TV station mate! But it worked for them…

It’s just about something different, fun, memorable, quirky, standing out, sexy. Again, what is there not to understand? What do you want them to call it - 10 American Sitcoms and Romcom? It’s about being fun and different.

1 Like

Everyone said the same thing about Stan as they have about Peach. People will get over it.

9 Likes

Except it’s not fun, interesting and sexy. Nothing about Peach/Boss appeal to me and it just sounds cringeworthy.

Eleven and One in numerical form would be way better.

2 Likes

Defeats the purpose of consolidating the branding. It is the same as 9 changing Go to 9Go and Gem to 9Gem so that multichannels now include the main channel branding in their name. 1 or 11 could be part of any network.

1 Like

I know that. But surely they could find some better names like 10Family or 10Crime which while sounds generic would work better than Peach/Boss.

1 Like

Agreed.

10 Boss & 10 Peach (the latter of which is just as ridiculous of a brand as 9Honey) sound like incredibly dated and American-inspired channel names IMO. As cringeworthy as this one is too, 7mate works well because the word “mate” is far more commonly heard of/casually used in Australia than “boss” is.

Of course it has to be said that prior to the relaunch, Eleven’s logo was already in a numeric form! :wink:

Eleven

3 Likes

Sydney you’re really off key with your 10 relaunch impressions!! :wink: Has your account been hijacked by blackbox?

2 Likes

Boss and Peach are not outdated. By any stretch of the imagination. Tell that to Hugo.

We get it you don’t “like or understand” why the new channels are called those names. Move on!

4 Likes

I will! If you don’t like it…its fine! Not everyone in this over politically corrected world will like or understand things! People get too easily offended! They are channel names for Gods sake! Its TV. They are meant to be fun! If you get offended with the word Peach…i feel very sorry for you.

Not offended. Just not interested and find it uninspiring.

But hey there’s bound to be some who thinks differently.

2 Likes

Jesus, 30+ unread, for a second I thought there was a second relaunch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Because bosses are always a barrel of laughs. :joy:

If there are people out there who think the new Network 10 is perfect, that’s great. But personally I think there are elements (particularly with the On-Air Presentation of the news) which can and should be tweaked/refined. You can agree or disagree with that opinion as you wish.

3 Likes

If it’s any consolation I thought the same thing about Boss initially, but now it’s grown on me. Should be peaches n’ cream in a few days too

Time is but a river, people. We’ve got all of it to see changes big and small happen, whether we want them or not.

1 Like

I just didn’t get what it is meant to stand for ?!
To me a peach is a cute bubble butt, just sayin. Now if there was a channel for that I’d be tuning in :wink: