Netflix

Arrested Development seasons 1-3 is a huge loss. Fuck you FOX.

Netflix made a wise move a couple of years back by investing in original programming.

3 Likes

All TV shows, many of which arenā€™t on the Australian Netflix anyway. Not to mention the article doesnā€™t confirm that theyā€™re actually leaving, just that they havenā€™t been renewed as yet and shows from one network have previously had all been renewed at once.

Presumably TV Addictā€™s 455 titles consist of individual television episodes.

2 Likes

I am referring to Aussie Netflix. Seems I forgot a source before whoops ā€¦

Stuff leaving is here, movies and tv shows. Yes they have been here 2 years so expiring. Doctor Who is only going to be on Stan !

and http://ozstream.net/expiring.php

What shows on Netflix in Australia are Fox ? I didnā€™t think there were that many.

Netflix has said previously they plan for the catalogue to be 50 percent licensed content 50 percent original .

Here is another interesting link:

Netflix are in my opinion really struggling. They have a lack of cinema-released movies, over 70% of these are over ten years old, and by looking at that list and not replacing them with quality product, they are literally shooting themselves in the foot. They will struggle against Stan and Foxtel Play both of which are a superior product. Luckily I have just started watching the new-to-Netflix Bates Motel (only three of five seasons), after that itā€™s bye bye Netflix. I havenā€™t seen much movies on it as they are too old. Netflix should listen to their customers.

2 Likes

Estimated subscriber figures, particularly against the competitors you have listed, probably suggest otherwiseā€¦

6 Likes

I bet you they are literally not firing a gun at their feet.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check out Stan eventually i think.
Still keeping netflix though.

1 Like

Wow, that is a lot of content leaving Netflix! Hope they replace it with something decentā€¦

1 Like

How I Met Your Mother
Archer
Arrested Development
American Horror Story
Homeland
Wilfred
Third Rock from the Sun
That 70s Show
Firefly

Movies:
Super Troopers
Aloha
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Poltergeist
The Sound of Music
Master and Commander
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Juno
Idiocracy
I Love You Phillip Morris
Walkabout
Little Miss Sunshine
Moulin Rouge
Mrs Doubtfire
Mr & Mrs Smith
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
The Planet of the Apes (2001)
Fight Club
Taxi
Epic Movie

Only

Wilfred
Third Rock from the Sun
That 70s Show
Firefly

of those are going.

1 Like

Netflix Live is available for the next day or so (according to the description).

It is amazing.

Netflix Live?

April Fools?

I think so lol

A heap of additions today to make up for the removals.

Inside No 9
Party of 5
Chesapeake Shores

and more http://anz.newonnetflix.info/

and Dr Who wasnā€™t removed even thought it said it was or maybe it was renewed.

1 Like

iQIYI and Netflix Sign Licensing Agreement

iQIYI and Netflix have signed a content licensing agreement for a subset of Netflix original series like Stranger Things and Black Mirror. Though expectations of our deal are modest in scope, we are delighted that consumers will be able to enjoy these highly-popular series on iQIYI, the leading online video platform in China. Our cooperation will be subject to the relevant regulations on online streaming of imported drama and film content in China.

• iQIYI is the top online video platform in China to stream both licensed and original movies, television series, variety shows, cartoons and other content.

13 Reasons Why: Censors make new RP18 rating for controversial Netflix show

New Zealand censors have created a new rating for Netflix show 13 Reasons Why that allows teens to watch the controversial show provided they have parental guidance.

American drama 13 Reasons Why deals with the suicide of a teen and also depicts sexual assault.

It has been criticised for showing the method by which a character kills herself - a practice strongly discouraged by mental health organisations because it can encourage copycat behaviour. Some aspects of the show have been praised, however, including positive messaging around consent and sexual violence, and the way it raises awareness of youth mental health.

More here.

WHERE TO GET HELP NZ

The Mental Health Foundationā€™s free Resource and Information Service (09 623 4812) will refer callers to some of the helplines below:

• Suicide Crisis Helpline (open 24/7) ā€“ 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.

• Youthline (open 24/7) ā€“ 0800 376 633. You can also text 234 for free between 8am and midnight, or email talk@youthline.co.nz.

• 0800 WHATSUP childrenā€™s helpline ā€“ Phone 0800 9428 787 between 1pm and 10pm on weekdays, and from 3pm to 10pm on weekends. Online chat is available from 7pm to 10pm every day at whatsup.co.nz.

• Kidsline (open 24/7) ā€“ 0800 543 754. This service is for children aged 5 to 18. Those who ring between 4pm and 9pm on weekdays will speak to a Kidsline buddy. These are specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.

• Your local Rural Support Trust ā€“ 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP)

2 Likes

I watched the show a few weeks ago and it was incredibly confronting and emotional! Iā€™m not convinced they should have shown what they did.

1 Like

Article also says other unnamed series have been stolen.

In the ransom note, the hacker claims also to have stolen series from other studios by breaching a single company. The person threatened to release those programs as well if ā€œmodestā€ ransoms are not paid.

ā€œA production vendor used by several major TV studios had its security compromised and the appropriate law enforcement authorities are involved.ā€

Seen in Australia on Netflix and Foxtel.

First time Iā€™ve seen a ransom, although not the first time hackers have stolen episodes before theyā€™ve aired or started streaming.

The most famous example would be the first three episodes of Game of Thrones Season 4 and 5, which were leaked online before the premiere of the first episode had even aired.