Netflix

In the case of the first four episodes of GoT Season 5 that leaked, they weren’t exactly stolen, as it is reported they were screener copies that HBO gives out for preview. As a result, HBO stopped issuing them to journalists for Season 6. The potential here, also, is that the leak of Orange would be high resolution copies rather than the lower resolution seen for GoT.

Update - what are claimed to be ten stolen episodes of Orange is the New Black have now been posted to a file sharing site.

According to a tweet quoted in the article “Who is next on the list? FOX, IFC, NAT GEO, and ABC.”

I too have just finished watching 13 Reasons Why and the last episode I found most difficult to watch. Apart from that, great series.

Has anyone else here watched the series? I’m just trying to find something new to watch now :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, the whole series was good apart from the last episode.
If you are looking for something good to watch on Netflix then watch the old prison break (my favourite ever show) and a new show on Netflix which is outstanding ‘Designated Survivor’. 22 episodes in the season and one comes out every Thursday - it’s up to episode 19. It’s a great series and I recommend it.

3 Likes

I thought it was a great series. I couldn’t watch the bit in thr last episode but the show as a whole was very real. I don’t really agree with how Hannah went about it but I can see how a 17 year old would react in that situation.

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a go :slight_smile:

The water cooler talk in our office says what is repeated here, that the last episode is what everyone is talking about. We all found someone we could relate to, or put names to people we went to school with.

13 Reasons Why has been renewed for a second season.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m battling to get in the right head space to approach that final episode

1 Like

I’m enjoying it but my housemate and I think the show has too many threads to try and follow. To quote my housemate “this isn’t and will never be the west wing, stop trying to be like it”

1 Like

And there are so many characters, it’s hard to keep up.

To me the scenario is simply implausible. A terrorist attack like that would trigger an immense “rally around the flag” effect.

Netflix announces it has commissioned its first Australian content.

1 Like

Typical. They decimate all the other forms of television and then after they suck everyone in, they hike up the prices.

1 Like

Netflix Announces Tidelands, Its First Australian Original Series

Netflix today announced its first Australian original series Tidelands, a supernatural crime drama that will debut exclusively on Netflix around the globe. Production will start in Queensland in 2018.

The drama follows a former criminal as she returns home to the small fishing village of Orphelin Bay. When the body of a local fisherman washes ashore, she must uncover the town’s secrets while investigating its strange inhabitants, a group of dangerous half-Sirens, half-humans called “Tidelanders.”

The series is produced for Netflix by Brisbane-based Hoodlum Entertainment. Executive Producers Tracey Robertson, Nathan Mayfield and Leigh McGrath produced the acclaimed Australian hit series Secrets & Lies and its remake for the U.S. The ten-episode first season will be written by creator Stephen M. Irwin (Secrets & Lies). Episodes will run 50 minutes.

“We’re proud these strong Australian storytellers are bringing their vision to the first Australian Netflix original series,” said Erik Barmack, vice president of international original series at Netflix. “We can’t wait to bring the mystery of Tidelands to our members around the world.”

“We are excited to be partnering with Netflix on Tidelands – this story is one that has been itching to be told and we are thrilled to be making it on our home soil in Australia with fantastic creatives and highly skilled crews,” said Tracey Robertson, co-creator and co-executive producer of the show. “The primeval landscapes of Queensland are a perfect setting to tell the story of betrayal, small town secrets, ancient mythology and, when it comes to family, explore whether blood really is thicker than water.”

Tidelands is the latest of Netflix’s investments in Australian content including co-productions Glitch, Beat Bugs, Bottersnikes & Gumbles, Kazoops, Mako Mermaids: An H20 Adventure, White Rabbit Project and the upcoming Legend of Monkey. Netflix also licenses much-loved Australian-grown content like Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and The Code for distribution to Netflix’s 100 million members around the world.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s linked the government imposing the GST on international purchases and digital products from July

Isn’t that being deferred in the senate?

Response to "We could soon be paying more for Netflix on the weekend " …
Also they are testing it , the article said and it reverts back to normal on Monday? So how does that work? Also says they may not even put up prices.

It’s called price gouging and has nothing to do with any tax they may be required to pay.

1 Like

###Arrested Development

THE BLUTHS ARE BACK. AGAIN!!!

Mitchell Hurwitz and Entire Cast Will Return for More Episodes

The Bluths are back. Again!!! Netflix today announced series creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the entire series regular cast, including: Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Portia de Rossi, David Cross and Alia Shawkat will return for a fifth season to premiere exclusively for Netflix members worldwide in 2018.

“In talks with Netflix we all felt that stories about a narcissistic, erratically behaving family in the building business – and their desperate abuses of power – are really underrepresented on TV these days,” said series creator Mitchell Hurwitz. He added, “I am so grateful to them and to 20th TV for making this dream of mine come true in bringing the Bluths, George Sr., Lucille and the kids; Michael, Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, George-Michael, and who am I forgetting, oh Tiffany. Did I say Tiffany? — back to the glorious stream of life.”

"Arrested Development brings us structures, outerwear and choreography like no other comedy in history,” mused Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos, leafing through photos of the banana stand, never nudes and Chicken Dances. “Season Four marked the first foray by Netflix into original comedy programming and this time, the Bluths will collectively be spending more quality time with their millions of fans around the world”

“Arrested Development remains one of the iconic franchises we, Ron and Brian are asked about most,” commented Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman. “It’s a testament to the brilliance of Mitch’s creation, the passion of his audience, and the love his cast holds in their hearts for his writing and characters that we have been able to 'get the band back together ’ not once but twice since the Emmy-winning original run. Get ready, America. The Bluths are coming back.”

“I love working with Mitch. He is a genius and the rarest of original thinkers. He brings a richness to the characters and the storylines that makes the series memorably fun,” said executive producer Brian Grazer.

"Whew! I can finally answer the question… Hell yes! Warming up my uncredited narrator vocal chords. Now the only thing I will have to be coy about is all the craziness the Bluths are going to face this season,” said executive producer Ron Howard.

Arrested Development centers around Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth II (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay’s husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat).

Mitchell Hurwitz, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Jim Vallely and Richie Rosenstock are executive producers on Arrested Development, and it is produced by Imagine TV and 20th Century Fox Television for Netflix. Arrested Development has garnered accolades from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (Emmy®), AFI, the Golden Globes, Producer’s Guild Awards, Screen Actor’s Guild, the Television Critics Association and the Writer’s Guild, among others.

2 Likes

###The Witcher

THE WITCHER SAGA COMING TO NETFLIX

Polish Author Andrzej Sapkowski’s Fantasy Franchise to be Brought to Life as English Language Drama Series

Netflix is developing and producing a new English language drama series based on The Witcher, the globally popular fantasy saga from Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, that has entranced legions of fans worldwide.

Known collectively as the Witcher Saga, Sapkowski’s eight novels and story collections center on “witchers” – hunters who develop supernatural abilities at a young age to battle deadly monsters. The New York TImes bestselling books have spawned a major video game franchise and have been translated into over 20 languages.

“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix Vice President, international series. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing The Witcher saga to Netflix members around the world.”

“I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”

Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series. Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise, The Expanse) and Jason Brown (The Expanse), partners at the Sean Daniel Company are executive producers, along with Tomek Baginski (Oscar nominated short The Cathedral, BAFTA winning The Fallen Art, Ambition) and Jarek Sawko (The Fallen Art, Another Day of Life) from Platige Image, the Polish production and visual effects company.

“The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world,” said Sean Daniel and Jason Brown. “The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

Added Platige Image’s Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”