Netflix

Looks like we’ve come full circle… Netflix direct is a linear tv channel. Ha.

Netflix Direct - IGN

1 Like

Season 4 - 31 December US time

Aussie film Sweet River debuts on Netflix tomorrow, December 5.
https://www.if.com.au/justin-mcmillans-psychological-thriller-sweet-river-to-become-a-netflix-original/

Which has now led to Netflix commissioning a reboot of Heartbreak High, to debut globally in 2022. The 8-part series will be produced by Fremantle and Dutch company NewBe, which acquired worldwide English-language rights at MIPCOM in October 2019.

Yet another reboot? Can’t they do anything new in Australia these days?

2 Likes
1 Like

This is amazing! Can’t wait for this! Great work Netflix.

1 Like

Netflix in the US axed the sitcom after three seasons before it was picked up by PopTV. Netflix in Australia streamed all four seasons.

History of Swear Words premieres on Netflix on January 5, 2021.

• Action: Cobra Kai
  • Comedy: Emily in Paris
  • Documentaries: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness
  • Drama: The Queen’s Gambit
  • Horror: The Haunting of Bly Manor
  • Kids: Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous S1
  • Reality: Too Hot to Handle
  • Romance: Dash & Lily
  • Thrillers: The Sinner: Jamie

Anyone check out The Prom?

I know Ryan Murphy’s productions seem to be a love em or hate em type vibe but they just do it for me. the Prom was brilliant I really wish I could see the stage version of it but I thoroughly enjoyed the film adaptation!

2 Likes

I want to watch it, but I can’t stand James Corden :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m impartial to him, never really seen anything he has done with exception of a few carpool karaoke videos… I think he did a fine enough job here, though I know much of the negativity has come from the fact it is a straight man playing a gay character… though I’d defend that decision in that Ryan Murphy clearly thought he was the best man for the job given there are other gay characters in the film, it centres around gay characters and Ryan Murphy himself is gay.

Nothing to do with that for me. I just think he’s too overrated, too over the top and too much a pain in the ass generally.

3 Likes

The season 3 premiere of Cobra Kai has been brought forward by one week to January 1.

2 Likes

This is honestly the best way to kick 2021 off, we’ve been waiting for almost 2 years!

1 Like