Netflix

Netflix’s first Australian original series Tidelands will have its world premiere at Brisbane’s Gallery of Modern Art on December 9, five days before its public release. Cast including Elsa Pataky and Charlotte Best will attend.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/elsa-patakys-tidelands-to-have-world-premiere-in-brisbane/news-story/a1d9e3f1c1125f445e728846ff42cef8

Australia

New Zealand

Geoblocked to respective countries.

Netflix will make TV shows based on Roald Dahl’s books including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach and Matilda.

Netflix has axed Marvel’s Daredevil after three seasons, however…

Disney taking quite a risk in (eventually) consolidating all its IP into one single streaming service.

1 Like

Season 3

Netflix is developing its first African original series, Queen Sono, starring Pearl Thusi (Quantico).

Newscorp have given Tidelands a scathing review. Were they given the whole series to review before it is released tomorrow? Are they going to be bagging every thing that’s on competing streaming services now?

It probably is pretty crappy.

Foxtel set the bar really high with ‘Love My Way’ so it would be hard for anyone to ever compare.

Not in the same genre though.

Reminds me a lot of the 2005 American show Point Pleasant the one with Grant Show in it

1 Like

Loved that show. Shame it was cancelled early.

1 Like

So did I. As soon as started watch Tidelands I thought this is familiar!

1 Like