Netflix

April Fools Day was yesterday. :wink:

1 Like

the huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue show

3 Likes

Netflix has revealed it now has 125 million members worldwide, with international membership now account for 50% of revenue and 55% of memberships.

1 Like

Netflix has commissioned a documentary on former Sydney Swans AFL star Adam Goodes, which is overseen by overseen by filmmaker John Batsic and has Goodes’ support.

From 10 May

The Fast & Furious film franchise is to be adapted into an animated series produced by Dreamworks Animation (now owned by Comcast) for Netflix.

Australia needs to act.

1 Like

Nah. People go to Netflix to get away from Australian shows.

4 Likes

Why are you so UnAustralian?

Cause he’s a sheep shagger.

4 Likes

That goes without saying.

1 Like

Seems like unnecessary legislatory intervention imo.

2 Likes

Well they’ve been pretty crap at making local content so far. If traditional media has local content quotas so should the future of tv.

3 Likes

Agreed, we will lose a local industry if we don’t have some quota. We have them for broadcast TV, why would we not have it for next gen TV?

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a Netflix reboot of Blue Heelers.

2 Likes

My solution (because quotas suck and feel arbitrary) is to boost the Screen Australia fund, ringfencing a certain amount for SVOD (I believe this is sort of there already but lumped in with TV) as well as tax breaks for foreign organisations (Netflix, Amazon etc) if they are willing to showcase Australian stories to a global audience.

Quotas always feel like a box ticking exercise.