Neighbours

Singer Jess Glynne on set today.

Looks like I jinxed Sonya :tired_face: She’ll just miss out on notching up 10 years (to date) it looks like

1 Like

Former contestant on ‘The Voice’ Tim Conlon (remembered for flirting with Delta) will appear on Neighbours on Thursday the 14th as Heath Kable, the manager of the garage.

Former Prisoner co-stars Jane Clifton and Betty Bobbitt will appear on Neighbours with Jackie Woodburne and Colette Mann.

aac4df9cfe49f0b708a4b0e1eedeaa16

ETA: Also, there are a couple others but not sure who they are.

neighbours-cell-block-h-1550146928

So from left to right, the actresses and their Prisoner characters are:
Jackie Woodburne (Julie “Chook” Egbert), Jane Clifton (Margo Gaffney), Betty Bobbitt (Judy Bryant), Colette Mann (Doreen Burns), Jentah Sobott (Heather “Mouse” Trapp), Jenny Lovell (Jenny Hartley).

2 Likes

Tim Robards is joining neighbours full time.

2 Likes

Yikes! His acting wasn’t horrible but it certainly wasn’t great.

This is terrible stunt casting.

1 Like

I wonder what this could be in reference to. :thinking:

I didn’t mind Tim Robards. Not the best actor on the show but far from the worst. He did ok in his portrayal of such a suave character.

It used to be reality contestants who’d join soaps, now it appears to be based on social media followers. Case in point, Sarah Ellen, who briefly played Madison Robinson. Nearly 1m instagram followers but her acting wasn’t great. No doubt she brought viewers to the show because of her social media profile so perhaps that’s what the producers were aiming for?

Agreed though that some shows are casting some characters based on followers rather than ability.

1 Like
4 Likes

Some fans in UK are already mourning the death of Sonya and departure of Eve Morey who played her. I wonder if it was Eve’s decision to leave, or was it due to her contract not being renewed by Fremantle?

1 Like

Spoiler alert. That hasn’t even happened yet.

1 Like

Loving the character Vera Punt who made another appearance in last night’s episode.

Who is Vera Punt? I don’t remember her.

She is a nrw recurring character. Her sister Val Grundy were living in the house at the end of Ramsay Street. She was played by Patti Newton and was seen in special episode 8000. Vera Punt inherited her house and dog Reggie Grundy.

Got it, so she’s the one who took Reggie! I’m trying to catch up online because they’re not doing the encore much at the moment so I’ve missed some of the episodes.

US pop group Hanson visited Neighbours set yesterday. Taylor Hanson told the Herald Sun a storyline was written for the band and will air later this year.

Hanson will perform a song in a private, romantic setting for a favourite Ramsay Street couple.

1 Like

April Rose Pengilly posted more shots of the boys on location on her Insta.

Interesting that an American act would be on Neighbours. I wonder if they’re performing at a private wedding??

BTW final scenes for the popular character who is leaving the show will be next Tuesday, 5th March.

1 Like

There are details of the performance in the links.

A two-hander episode is coming up next week but be warned, the story contains big spoilers.

3 Likes