Neighbours

Imagine if Magda reprised her role as Karl’s sister, and she was one who figured out what Alice is up to? It would be comedy gold!

3 Likes

Apparently this week they’re filming the funeral for one of the main characters. Unfortunately I don’t know which one!

Where does that spoiler come from?

A friend has done quite a lot of work in the past as an extra on Neighbours (she was the one who told me about Tim Robards). They asked if she was available this week because they were filming the funeral, but my friend is pregnant so they decided against using her.

5 Likes

Neighbours will be announcing some big news on Monday.

The Daily Star has jumped the gun and is speculating on the return of a Neighbours legend.

I must get back into neighbours

1 Like

I love that advertising “10p cheaper than the Sun”!

Is Ozzy ok too?

1 Like

I believe the episode with Alan Dale will screen on Christmas Day.

1 Like
2 Likes

Neighbours to go from G rating to PG

2 Likes

This happened earlier this year. It has been PG for months.

ETA: It went PG from 30 April 2018

2 Likes

Paul recently mentioned that it was the 25th anniversary of his father’s death… So no surprise that he re-appears as a ghost.

2 Likes

I think it had the legality to, but they were still producing under a G guise?
I think tonight is the first ep that embraces the full PG classification.

Has definitely been PG For months. You can tell by the tone of some of the storylines recently.

3 Likes
4 Likes

There was quite a lot mentioned earlier this year when it went from G to PG. I assume they’re now trying to capitalise on the non-rating period.

Mind you, producing five episodes per week for 52 weeks of the year is a huge effort. It’s often mentioned how ‘fast paced’ our local shows are when you compare them to overseas shows, but to produce 260 episodes per year is a mammoth achievement.

2 Likes

A lot of soapies do that around the world. Neighbours is just the latest to go year round.

Shows like Coronation Street etc? I had no idea some shows ran all year round.

Yes, all the British soaps run all year round: night time Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks and daytime The Doctors, Holby City etc.

The American daytime soaps do too. The Bold and the Beautiful, The Young and the Restless, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital etc. I think they just take a few days off a year like Christmas Day.

Same thing happens with soaps in Europe including those which are remakes of Aussie soapies.

2 Likes

Sounds like a scrooge inspired Christmas story.