Neighbours

It is wonderful the gay residents seem to have been embraced. The Indian family weren’t. Still a way to go. Would love to see more Aboriginal residents and disabled.

Well, since then they’ve had another half Indian family in the street. Can’t recall such vitriol for the Rebecchi Sharma family.

1 Like

Americans were lagging behind. Australia was featuring gay characters in dramas 20 years before Will And Grace :wink:

4 Likes

Number 96 is just one example.

4 Likes

Ah yes, who can forget Don Finlayson in Number 96 when he told someone he was ‘a hom-o-sexual’!

4 Likes

The Box was another series in 1970s with gay characters in the main cast. Lee Whiteman was a flamboyant and openly gay television producer. And Vicki Stafford (Judy Nunn) was a bisexual television magazine journalist.

Skyways had a lesbian main character who was later murdered.

1 Like

Agree. More religious diversity would also be exciting to see.

Wentworth has had at least 4 indigenous actors portraying indigenous characters…it can be done

1 Like

They did have an Aboriginal act of in the main cast for a couple of years but unfortunately thet hardly ever mentioned his heritage or family.

I’m not saying it needs to be rammed down people’s throats as there is obviously more to a character than their culture or heritage. But I can’t recall the last time Neighbours or Home and Away had a racist storyline.

Do you watch Neighbours? They have had a long running racism storyline involving Yashvi and her family over the past six months, from one of her team mates.

1 Like

On Twitter, Alan Dale has revealed he is filming something for Neighbours from Atlanta where he is filming Dynasty 2.0.

Interesting since Jim Robinson was killed off after Alan had a dispute with producers over pay. All is forgiven now.

1 Like

Probably a Paul Robinson flashback scene.

People have been guessing that it is either a dream or they’re doing another Halloween web series with alternative timelines.

Maybe a Scrooge A Christmas Carol special episode this year for Paul Robinson.

Perhaps they’re contacting some former cast members to talk about their time on the show, presumably to be shown in conjunction with the 8000th episode?

1 Like

Magda has been terrific this week.

2 Likes

True…but what’s her character up to?

1 Like

I am thinking up to no good especially with Paul liking her.

1 Like

I believe Denise Drysdale’s character, Nance Sluggett, will appear next week, with Pierce Greyson (Tim Robards) starting a couple of days later.

Neighbours just filmed their 8000th episode.

4 Likes