Neighbours

Well, Bold does because it’s still on the main channel in a decent timeslot. Neighbours struggles being on Eleven.

2 Likes

Neighbours gets less on Eleven but its something like that if you include the Ten screening. I think Bold is getting less than that too these days.

Episode 8,000 for broadcast on 21 December

2 Likes

So there is a three month gap between filming and broadcast.

1 Like

Around about that long. They shoot two weeks of outdoors scenes and then two weeks of indoor scenes and edit the scenes together, so it’s not quite a straightforward 3 months.

3 Likes

mp4_006135560mp4_006150160mp4_006144720mp4_006133200

mp4_005866680mp4_005924280mp4_005970400mp4_006020240mp4_006038840mp4_006098080

2 Likes

IMG_20180903_113313

1 Like

Magda’s zany character telling Susan it’s tough titties :rofl::rofl:

End credits was a Mr & Mr photo album with wedding photos.

2 Likes

The whole episode was hilarious. The interaction between Magda’s character and Susan was gold!

3 Likes

Yep very funny and top it off the look on Karl and Susan’s face when they discover Jemima is the long-lost sister Karl has been looking for :joy:

2 Likes

They also produce six episodes a week as opposed to five, to allow for production breaks at certain times of the year.

1 Like

Shameless product placement makes me LOL

1 Like

IMG_20180903_192253

Just watched the episode online (because I can’t rely on Ch10/11 actually showing it). I loved it. Magda was brilliant and I actually had goosebumps at the end of the ceremony.

You can’t rely on Eleven showing it?

It’s on 6:30pm weeknights all year round.

1 Like

I think it’s more about Ten’s erratic scheduling of next day repeats?

Sorry, yes, I meant the encore screening.

I had no idea Magda would be that good! She was so funny and director probably told her to really play to her strength, maybe even ad lib a bit?

Oddly, I actually forgot the same sex wedding was last night but because I am a regular Neighbours viewer tuned in like normal anyway.

And ratings reflected how good it was with viewers rewarding the episode, keep up these event eps producers :slightly_smiling_face:

I am not a Neighbours viewer, however for me, the positive thing about this is that it is a manifestation of the growing maturity of portrayals of gay people in mainstream TV.

As this writer notes, having gay characters in shows is not especially new. Will and Grace was a major hit over 20 years ago.

However, it, along with grittier contemporaries like Queer as Folk and the L Word, were specifically conceived as “gay shows”, with a cast of primarily gay (and/or lesbian) characters.

Where you saw gay characters in non-gay targeted TV shows, storylines tended to focus on their struggles with their sexuality, coming out and the like.

Thankfully, we are increasingly seeing more rounded, normal gay characters, living normal – if heightened and fictionalised – lives. Which is, of course, what most gays are actually doing out there in real life.

I am all for it!

8 Likes