Neighbours

2:30pm in Sydney.

It was scheduled for 2.30?

EPG shows 2.30pm tomorrow too.

1 Like

The Ten website also says 2.30. I think someone has been pulling our leg

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the first few episodes of this season.

Though to me, they’re not as compelling as ‘Dee’ this time last year. Coincidently the last times before Toadie / Sonya went south and now their back together again.

I don’t think Izzy will be returning on screen for some time, probably not until ratings survey, as ‘Dee’ (Andrea) is secretly back.

The storylines are too convoluted, focusing on Paige’s baby kidnapped / that evil woman and that guy coming back from France for Aaron. Not paced enough.

Meanwhile what’s happening with Steph / Amy? Lyn returned at the very end of last year.

I’ve only seen the first two episodes and I think they’re ok, but as I’ve said before I hate the way the writers have made the character of David so weak and insipid. He’s meant to be a doctor but when he’s around Aaron he turns into a 12yo sooky wimp.

Another character who deserves so much more is Amy. Zoe Cramond is a really good actor but she’s stuck with these stupid storylines involving the obligatory soapy ‘love triangles’ and failed relationships.

The writers need to stop bringing in Paul’s long lost children. As far as I’m concerned David and Leo bring nothing to the show.

Regarding Izzy, I believe she arrives shortly and she’s still filming so she’ll be on the show for a few months at least.

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll add her to the opener?

But probably not, given Dee/Andrea (Madeleine West) wasn’t.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte wasn’t in the group cast photo released the other day either.

I guess you could call them an ‘extended guest’?

So many of which have ended up being asked to stay (e.g.) Lyn’s return in 2008, didn’t leave until mid to late 2011.

She’s a guest and I believe she’s back for a couple of months (although they do want her to stay longer).

There’s a big event planned for February which will be a prime time special in the UK. We will probably get it as a one hour episode. It’s most likely tied in with Izzy’s arrival.

The last time they did this was for the hotel blast and they are planning to have these prime time specials twice a year.

3 Likes

She’s one of the biggest characters ever, so many thrilling storylines in the mid-2000s.

They’ve been trying for so many years.

Hope they (and she) makes it worth it.

Good to see consistent ratings, very good in younger audiences so far.

Have I missed something or has the Sunday encore screening on Eleven been stopped?

If it’s been stopped then I guess that means you have missed something.

1 Like

Natalie Bassingthwaighte Returns To Neighbours.

Movie Length Special. Tuesday, 13 February At 6.30pm.

Neighbours’ most infamous homewrecker Isabelle “Izzy” Hoyland, played by Natalie Bassingthwaighte, makes a spectacular return to Ramsay Street in a movie length special on Tuesday, 13 February from 6.30pm on ELEVEN.

An array of familiar faces from the series’ colourful past will also return for this extended instalment of Neighbours including Blair McDonough (Stu Parker), Andrew Bibby (Lance Wilkinson), Anthony Engelman (Kevin “Stonefish” Rebecchi) and Marisa Warrington (Sindi Watts).

The episode centres around Toadie’s belated 21st birthday party, complete with a 1990s retro theme. Susan Kennedy (Jackie Woodburne) and her nemesis Izzy Hoyland are reunited in typically unconventional circumstances for the party. Susan is immediately on guard, knowing Izzy has an agenda which is certain to involve Karl (Alan Fletcher).

The drama-filled 90-minute special kicks off a plethora of stories which will unfold over the following weeks.

Network Ten Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “Some stories are just too big, too dangerous and too much fun to tell in half an hour. Super-size Neighbours is a treat for all fans of our favourite show.”

Natalie said: “I feel very humbled that Izzy’s return will be an extended episode. Izzy always knew how to make an entrance and this is no exception! It was fabulous to be filming back at the studios where my career started and straight away I felt completely at home – and to reunite with Alan and Jackie again was a dream. Viewers can be assured Izzy is back with a vengeance, creating chaos. If you loved to hate her before, you will love to hate her even more.”

Neighbours Executive Producer Jason Herbison said: “As well as Izzy Hoyland’s spectacular return, the 90-minute extended episode launches a number of exciting new stories involving all our current cast, some looking very different, and a number of past characters will be dropping in. It’s a prelude to what is ahead for the rest of the week which includes some shocking revelations, intrigue, desperation and of course romance, and there is more to come in the coming months.”

7 Likes

First time they’ve done a 90 minute special and lots of returnees there apart from Izzy Hoyland (Natalie Bassingthwaighte).

Blair McDonough (Stu Parker), Andrew Bibby (Lance Wilkinson), Anthony Engelman (Kevin “Stonefish” Rebecchi) and Marisa Warrington (Sindi Watts).

1 Like

Toadie is older than 21.

I guess that is why the used the word “belated” in the presser :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s the joke, mate.

He’s in his late thirties but having a belated 21st with a retro 90s theme. And all the people from his past are coming back for it: Stu Parker, Lance Wikinson, Sindi Watts and his brother Stonie Rebecchi.

Izzy will be at the party too, where she sees Susan and Karl again.

1 Like

Metro in the UK also reporting that Patrick Harvey (Connor O’Neill) will be another returnee for the party and hinting at the return of Andrea/Dee too.

Pity they can’t get some big names back like Jesse Spencer, Brooke Satchwell and Holly Valance for the Toadie’s 21st episode.

1 Like

Or Daniel MacPherson.

3 Likes