Neighbours

It must be one of Olympia Valance’s last episodes as she has finished her contract.

There have been rumours since some pictures were posted on Instagram which looked like her departure scenes but she was not seen in them.

I’ve seen something online today about her filming her last scenes this week but not from a reputable source yet.

Herald Sun reports today that Olympia indeed filmed her last scenes last week. She is flying to Los Angeles next year to audition for the pilots. She has pleaded with the producers not to write off her character so she can return later.

They appear to have changed their on-set lighting lately. Looking much better and more realistic when they’re dong indoor scenes with the light coming through the window, much like what’s done on H&A.

1 Like

Stefan Dennis has taken News Corp on a backstage tour. Interesting fact: actors are given ice cubes to suck on before filming pool scenes.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/neighbours-set-secrets-revealed-why-some-actors-have-to-suck-ice-cubes-before-shooting-scenes/news-story/5f5422eeccdff5b263b450e68a3c2d24

1 Like

They used to have to do that back in the days of Holiday Island. Filming swimming pool scenes in Melbourne in winter can be a b**ch

Source: TheMercadotv

1 Like

Yeah and it’s been reported a number of times before. The Herald Sun think they’ve uncovered a massive secret. :laughing:

1 Like

Neighbours 2018 promo.
Good of “Portugal. The Man” to bring out a hit song with lyrics that match the promo “Izzy’s Coming Back”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Her departure from the show will air in March next year.

Neighbours returning for 2018 on Monday January 8.

1 Like

Great to have Izzy back, one of my fav characters.

The 2000s was so good.

It’d be a good connection to get one or all of Max / Boyd / Summer Hoyland back, as her family. Also seeing as Steph and Lyn are currently in Neighbours.

Though Summer did return (older and a new actress) in 2010 for a few years.

Update

Seen a few variations to the “Izzy’s Coming” 2018 promo.

Latest after tonight’s BBL cricket, with Izzy giving a soliloquy.

3 Likes

Neighbours has received funding from Film Victoria which will allow the soap to film 258 episodes a year. Not sure if it has been provided with money from a government agency before.

1 Like

Neighbours is the first series to return in 2018, next Monday at 6:30pm.

2 Likes

Pumped :facepunch:

Though somehow I don’t think it’ll be as popular as the ‘Dee’ storyline during the first bit of last year.

Making headlines.

3 Likes

Ten need to return this show back to the main channel. I proposed a 4.00pm time slot.

Some of the target audience may still be on their way home from school.

2 Likes

Also, I’m not sure if Neighbours would qualify for the local drama quota points if it aired at 4pm.

2 Likes

They could screen it on Eleven as usual and repeat next day on Ten at 4pm.

3 Likes

Neighbours is usually Eleven’s highest rating show. So I doubt they’d get rid of it any time soon.

But I agree that a repeat could air on Ten in the afternoon to get those extra eyeballs watching. 4pm is ideal for me too.

It was on Ten today at 4pm :wink:

2 Likes