Neighbours

There’s quite a few new characters in the show but they’re not releasing those names yet. A fair few actors have been sleuthed out by some fans and have posted them on Neighboursfans forum. A lot of them are actors who have been newly followed on social media by regular cast members.

I tend to agree that Leo and Mackenzie are dead wood and shouldn’t have returned. As for Chloe and Elle, they’re just guests and probably just there to wrap up old storylines and give Chloe a decent exit.

3 Likes

Yes, bringing back Leo, Mackenzie and the Rodwells are mistakes. They’re all dead wood that should’ve stayed with the cancelled series.

Chloe has also run her course, so I’m glad she’s only back in a guest capacity. I wouldn’t mind Elly returning on a regular basis, she was a hot mess that provided a lot of entertainment.

In terms of bringing back the older cast - I wouldn’t want it to be many, as I do agree with others in the sense that this is the best opportunity to really shake things up, but If I could get some back, they would be;

Libby Kennedy - good chance to explore her relationship with Holly
Lyn & Oscar Scully - give Susan her BFF back!
Summer Hoyland - provide Lyn and Oscar with support, and reconnect with Chris
Chris Pappas - The OG gay returns and get his chance to be married with kids
Imogen Willis & Daniel Robinson - buff up Paul and Terese a bit as they’re very much ‘on their own’

2 Likes

It seemed that the producers didn’t know what to do with the character of Mackenzie. It wasn’t until they paired her up with Hendrix that she actually had a decent storyline, rather than the silly ones that saw her working for the council giving out health violations etc. Hopefully now that Mac is older she’ll be given some stronger storylines. Georgie Stone proved she was up to it the way she portrayed Mackenzie during Hendrix’s illness and death.

Re Leo, I’ve never been a fan but I liked that they brought in the winery. It seems the winery is still being used, so presumably Leo is still running it.

I wasn’t a fan of bringing back Elly to give Chloe a partner. As I’ve said before I would’ve liked Chloe to be portrayed as a career woman and have her promoted to work at Lassiters in NY. I know the show wanted to wrap up all the storylines but not everyone has to be paired up to be happy.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Joe Scully back too. Hopefully the producers can resolve their differences with Shane Connor.

Or just recast with a new actor

I don’t think she will ever come back in any role I’m surprised they let her come back in thr “finale”. Given the way she and Fremantle Media left things.

And honestly Libby as a character is dead meat.

Will never happen. HR nightmare waiting to happen.

1 Like

Yeah wouldn’t hold my breathe for either a Shane or.a Kym , the show has moved on from those characters.

1 Like
3 Likes

New cast members announced:

Wives Cara and Remi, played by Sara West and Naomi Rukavina and sons JJ, played by Riley Bryant and Dex, played by Marley Williams – make up the Varga-Murphy family.

2 Likes

Naomi Rukavina last starred in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child musical, and has a substantial acting resume.

Ramsay Street Welcomes The Varga-Murphy Family.

Neighbours Set To Return To Australian Screens In September 2023.

Network 10 is thrilled to introduce a brand-new family to Ramsay Street, with the Varga-Murphy’s set to move into Erinsborough when Neighbours returns to screens in September 2023.

The Varga-Murphy’s join an illustrious list of Ramsay Street dynasties – the Robinson, Kennedy, Rebecchi, Mangel, Scully, Tanaka and Brennan families to name just a few – who have put down roots on Australia’s most famous residential address and entertained a global audience for decades.

Hailing from the other side of the city, the Varga-Murphy family initially take up residence temporarily, and it quickly becomes evident there is more to their arrival than meets the eye.

Wives Cara and Remi, played by Sara West (Don’t Tell, Wakefield, Peter Allen: Not the Boy Next Door) and Naomi Rukavina *(*Harry Potter Theatre Production, Run Rabbit Run, Pawno), and sons JJ, played by Riley Bryant (Surviving Summer 2) and Dex, played by newcomer Marley Williams in his first television role – make up the Varga-Murphy family.

Sara West, who plays Cara Varga-Murphy, said: “I’m so honoured to be a part of the new Neighbours legacy and really looking forward to bringing the Varga-Murphy family to Australian and international screens. Cara has a bold, impassioned love for her family and I love that her intentions have, so far, always been good. I hope having the Varga-Murphy’s on tele will help better reflect the beautiful LGBTQIA+ community that I’m proud to be a part of and I can’t wait to share the family with you!”

Naomi Rukavina, who plays Remi Varga-Murphy, said: “I am thrilled to be joining the new Neighbours legacy. As a stalwart of Australian drama television, the show is on the front foot of showcasing diverse and real representations of Australian families, not in a tokenistic way. The joys, sadness and madness of Neighbours has been a great adventure thus far and the Varga-Murphy family have already formed a special bond off screen and on. I can’t wait to share it with the world.”

Jason Herbison, Neighbours’ Executive Producer, said: “We are delighted to welcome the Varga-Murphy family to Ramsay Street and the amazing cast portraying them. It feels fitting that the new season will herald the arrival of a new household, with many new stories to tell. They have fitted into Erinsborough beautifully, they are warm, fun and also very unpredictable.”

Neighbours will continue to be broadcast in Australia on Network 10, its home for over three decades. UK and U.S. audiences can view the series on Amazon Freevee plus Prime Video in Australia and New Zealand seven days following free to air viewing on Network 10.

Click here to learn more about Sara West joining the cast of Neighbours.

1 Like

Still very vague on exactly which channel.

I reckon it’s going back 10Peach.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it actually with my personal life dramas and preparing for uni next month this is probably a few things happening that’s keeping me sane.

I am really keen on what is going to hapeninf with Terese and Paul.

Maybe 6pm weeknights on Ten?

1 Like

Very doubtful they’ll put this at 6pm. Better off keeping their extended news bulletin.

Pure speculation, but I reckon it will go into a primetime slot on 10Peach (7/7.30pm) and perhaps if 10 shake up their lineup next year (The Project etc), move the show to the main channel at 7pm.

1 Like

No way. Right up against Home and Away. Simply won’t happen.

I reckon it will go back to where it was, 6.30pm on 10 Peach.

6 Likes

Most likely, with perhaps a daytime encore on the main channel.

2 Likes