Neighbours

Probably. Ten only gave the show token interest in the last 10 years, I can’t imagine it will do anything too dramatic to lift the show’s profile now.

4 Likes

It’s still 4 episodes a week, yes?

1 Like

Nothing has been confirmed about how many episodes a week or how long each episode will be.

As I underdstood it, part of the agreement was that new episodes had to run on 10 and not 10Peach. Personally, I would run it 6.30-7 and return the Project to 30 minutes at 7pm.

2 Likes

Was never specified with that level of detail. We’ll have to wait to find out.

It won’t rate on the main channel. It is not exclusive content. Amazon control the rights. 10 are just a relay station.

1 Like

It shouldn’t happen, but it went head to head quite a bit in its last few years

I don’t think that was ever clarified. Early announcements IIRC only referred to Network 10, not any specific channel.

1 Like

Just an idea, but what about two seperate hours on Friday/Saturday nights at 7.30-8.30? Play two episodes back to back per night.

3 Likes

4pm would work best surely as an hour of soaps

1 Like

Good filler for low rating nights

Was thinking that. Surely it would help 10 increase its audience on Friday and Saturday nights?

Friday 7.30pm (2 episodes back to back)
Saturday 7.30pm (2 episodes back to back)

2 Likes

Not quite true.

10 have exclusivity for the initial FTA broadcast and 7 day window for encores and catch-up on 10 play, before it’s then only made available to Prime subscribers locally. In other markets outside Aus, yes Prime have all SVOD/BVOD first run rights to the show.

6 Likes

I always thought Ten should run Neighbours at 4pm as a lead-in to The Bold and the Beautiful. Maybe first run on 10 at 4pm and a repeat on 10 Peach at 6.30pm on the same night. Otherwise 10 Peach for the premiere and 10 next day for the repeat. It might dilute the audience having two screenings but it would probably bring in more viewers overall.

5 Likes

If it was struggling for 6 figures (metro) on a m/c… Not sure this would be a great idea. 10’s infamously disastrous Saturday shares could continue or get even worse. And I’d still expect the likes of Die Hard or Mrs Doubtfire or Devil Wears Prada to beat it, even from a few markets. Even if main channel could lift Neighbours, say 20-50k maybe more, it probably wouldn’t be more than that, if. Anyone who seriously thinks the show will suddenly attract a swarm of fans, after all these years of poor treatment and collapsing, is fooling themselves. On the one hand I was and am still a long-time fan and am happy for the brand and cast/crew as well as the wider local drama industry and also for globally not just UK but trying in the US, but I feel last year was the true finale, done well, was well received (viewership and reviews) and should’ve been left there instead of taking the money and running so to speak.

6 Likes

Neighbours to begin on 18 September 2023.

Some viewers have completed a survey for Amazon Prime and at the end were told that Neighbours will begin screening from this date.

2 Likes

Would that mean that it will air on 10 the week before? As 10 as exclusive rights before going to Amazon Prime a week later? That is my understanding

2 Likes

One of the neighbours fan groups which is often accurate states this is incorrect.

According to the Huffington Post, Amazon has confirmed that Neighbours will begin streaming new episodes on Freevee in the UK from Monday 18 September.

4 Likes

We hope you’re ready for a ride because you’re in for an emotional roller-coaster when the 2019 episodes of #Neighbours return to your screens next week. :smiling_face_with_tear:

https://twitter.com/neighbours/status/1676667266270908416

It will be followed by the release of episodes from 2020.

2020 brought you 35 years of #Neighbours and a whole lot of action and drama to go with it. :bow_and_arrow: :sparkler: Coming back with a bang next week!

https://twitter.com/neighbours/status/1677210840888672256

September and then finish for the year in December?