Neighbours

Morgan Baker is back as Callum Rebecchi in Part 3.

Julie Mullins is back as Julie Robinson in Part 4.

The end of a great series of webisodes. Probably better than the show itself at the moment. :slight_smile:

Agreed. It was really enjoyable. Going to be interesting to see the gala though.

A Turkish remake based on Neighbours storylines since 2012.

Finally things get a bit better in Ramsey Street. The Hamish/Tyler storyline hasn’t been too bad, and Sean Taylor has done a great job portraying the very distinguished yet sneaky Hamish. Up until yesterday I had no idea that he’s married to Jacki Weaver in real life.

1 Like

Maybe he can convince Jackie to do a guest spot on Neighbours. Even a cameo appearance would be good.

2 Likes

Dare I say it, but it was great to see someone on the show who could act, unlike most of the cast they’ve hired over the past twelve months or so…

1 Like

Hamish’s death episode most interesting since Dee storyline earlier this year

You’d be pleased by Robert Grubb’s first appearance on Neighbours tonight. He is best known from his years on The Flying Doctors. He was brilliant and had quite a presence in the show.

3 Likes

Agreed. Hopefully he has more appearances in the future/in other storylines too.

1 Like

How long is Nat Bass back on Neighbours for? In an interview last night she said she was nearly finished filming so I am assuming its only a short stint?

1 Like

In an interview she said that she had committed to doing a couple of months (although with the production schedule of six episodes per week, it could be longer on screen).

They have asked to do more but she wants to be able to do other things. I’ve noticed a Rogue Traders tour being advertised for early next year. She may decide to come back for another stint after that.

2 Likes

I finally caught up over the weekend and yes, Robert Grubb is a good choice as the detective trying to solve Hamish’s murder.

Val Lehman will be on the show soon but I can’t remember what role she’s playing. Hopefully she’ll have some scenes with Sheila (Collette Mann).

That said, just when you think the show is starting to improve they brought in that ridiculous ‘wench’ storyline with Courtney and Therese. I gather that this is leading to a bigger storyline but I think this is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen on the show!!

I posted in early September that Val Lehman will play Joanne, a friend of Sheila, so the ladies will have some scenes together.

2 Likes

The episode with Val playing Joanne Schwartz airs next Friday (1 December). IMG_20171124_152839

Actress Lesley Baker who has plays Toadies mother Angie Rebecchi is returning the second week of December, she is also a former Prisoner star.

4 Likes

Does anyone know whether Neighbours bulk up on prerecorded drone shots or are these recorded when required? There seems to be a drone shot in nearly every episode most recently, used inbetween scenes.

They started using the drone shots about three years ago for the previous set of opening credits. Since then they have used them for a lot of the establishing shots around the neighbourhood and suburb. Probably filmed a bulk of them and use them now as required.

2 Likes

Rock legend Ross Wilson has filmed a cameo alongside his real life stepdaughter Olympia Valance. The episode will be shown in March next year.

I’m glad he did that.

In last night’s episode Colette Mann’s character Sheila mentioned she had been a huge fan of Ross Wilson from Daddy Cool as a teenager. Maybe setting up the appearance.

1 Like