Neighbours

Disagree. The street is key to the settings of the show… its a character in itself. Neighbours just wouldn’t work without it.

3 Likes

but isn’t that the whole premise of the show, that it’s just an “ordinary” suburban street. It’s not meant to be glam or modern McMansion suburbia.

6 Likes

Agree… and the 1970 houses now look more established and feel more traditional than their modern day Metricon wall to wall homes.

3 Likes

Agree. Even just move a few suburbs away to somewhere like Box Hill or Surrey Hills, so it still has that suburban feel, pick a street, give it a fictional name.

You could have Karl and Susan move to the new street with new neighbours in each house who would be the new regular characters. The only other returnees I’d have would be Paul and Toadie and everyone else would be new.

Time for a fresh start in this new incarnation of Neighbours. More opportunities for new storylines with a new street and new characters/families.

1 Like

Again, terrible idea.

You may as well create a completely new show…

It’s like moving Home & Away from a coastal setting to a city location. .

Yes, we all know this show needs a refresh but you can’t fuck with the foundations of the show. Ramsay Street and the classic theme song must be included in the new uptake.

3 Likes

as they say these days… f*** around and find out

look what happened when they refreshed A Country Practice, moved Wandin Valley to a new state and kept only a minimum of the former version’s cast. The show died off in less than a year.

4 Likes

Another disaster was changing Seachanges original location on Channrl 9.

1 Like

Just realised my dental technicians name is Suzan… Suzan Kennedy lol.

This might work if they were trying to export the show to the Chinese market…

All the characters can move into the Erinsborough Motel chain. Since some have stayed there over the years (like staying in the penthouse room for Paul, Terese and their random children), and some work there too. It can be its own little neighbourhood with the coffeeshop, the pub and Toadie’s Lawyer office all in the same complex.

And no need to go back to Ramsay Street :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you did that, then you might as well just start up new show. Reboots rarely work.

3 Likes

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has hinted at a time jump when the soap will return on Amazon Freevee for its hotly-anticipated revival.

“They said they were thinking of maybe jumping ahead a couple of years but I don’t know,” he told the Sunday Post.

2 Likes

I mean that would be away for them to explain why a lot of the characters who were around at the end of the series aren’t around any more than having just come up with “excuses” as to why X isn’t around if the actors don’t agree to come back.

4 Likes

I think it’s inevitable that there will be a 1-2 year gap. It’s the only way they can really reset new characters and storyline’s.

Most likely, it will commence with a new family moving into the street. This will help introduce new characters and provide explanations to what’s happened over the missing time frame.

4 Likes

As much as I really like Terese, a great storyline for Paul would be him struggling to cope after her death.

And with Toadie, I couldn’t really see him without Nell and Hugo so I hope they’re still around, and I hope the same kids play these roles. Different actors won’t be worth it. I hope that Mel returns too because I liked Toadie and Mel.

When the show finished there was discussion about sets being demolished, cast taking items that mean something to them etc. Has there been anything said about which sets are still intact?

1 Like

That info was corrected later. The sets werent demolished just dismantled. Some have since been used in other productions. Fans spotted some refurbished sets in the miniseries Riptide which was also produced by Jason Herbison for Five and Ten.

2 Likes

How interesting. Glad they still have the sets. Obviously the external sets are still there but I was under the impression the internal ones had gone so I’m glad this is incorrect.

2 Likes

They have the old sets if required, but with an overhaul to the show… they may opt to refresh some of these elements.

1 Like

Jodi Gordon says she is “in discussions” for a return.