Neighbours

1 Like

Will be interesting who returns. I liked the winery storyline so it would be good if Tim/Leo could return but I was never a fan of Elly. I know the producers wanted a ‘happily ever after’ ending for all the characters but I would’ve preferred if Chloe became a successful businesswoman and perhaps was promoted to run one of the other Lassiter’s complexes overseas.

Surely characters like Chloe, Elly and Leo have run their course. How many times can you recycle storylines?

Will be interesting to see if April (Chloe) or Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese) return to the show if approached because I believe they’ve both left Melbourne since the show ended.

2 Likes

Is this going to be a one-off season of Neighbours?

1 Like

Amazon Prime have said that there is a plan for at least two seasons.

2 Likes

Jane, Mackenzie, Leo & Terese confirmed as returning, plus guest appearances by Harold, Chloe & Lucy.

1 Like

More Ramsay Street Favourites Return Home to Neighbours.

Australia’s Most Iconic Drama Welcomes Back More Former Residents.

Back up the moving track and unpack the boxes, as more Ramsay Street favourites return home to one of the most famous streets in the world.

Annie Jones (Jane Harris), Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (Mackenzie Hargreaves) and Tim Kano (Leo Tanaka) will re-join the series’ longest serving regular cast members; Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy), Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl Kennedy) and Ryan Moloney (Jarrod “Toadfish” Rebecchi), to reprise the roles that made them household names.

Annie said: “I’m beyond excited to be back for this new chapter of Neighbours. It was totally unexpected but an absolute delight to be asked again to join the cast. I can’t wait to see what adventures are in store for Jane.”

Rebekah said: “Honestly, I’m just as much in the dark as our fans and equally as excited, and a little nervous to see what the writers have planned for Terese. No doubt Paul will be lurking in the background. I’ve really missed Melbourne.”

Fan favourites Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) and Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson), will star in guest roles when the long-running series, which follows the lives, loves and challenges of the residents of Ramsay Street, returns to the delight of millions of adoring fans worldwide.

Jason Herbison, Neighbours’ Executive Producer, said: “We are thrilled to announce the latest round of returnees and there will be more in the coming months. The next chapter of Neighbours will be a wonderful mix of the familiar and the new. It will be the Erinsborough we love and remember, with fresh twists and surprises."

The revitalised series will continue to be broadcast in Australia on Network 10, the home of Neighbours for over three decades. Network 10 will retain first-run rights in Australia and episodes will be available ad free on Prime Video in Australia seven days later. The series will premiere for free, exclusively on Amazon Freevee in the UK and U.S.

Filming is set to commence shortly with a world premiere slated for the second half of the year.

3 Likes

Production is set to commence this Autumn, with a world premiere slated for this Spring.

3 Likes

I wonder how many episodes .

If it starts to air here in Spring (which is September, October or November), would they then have a break over Christmas/New Year period? Have a short season to start off with, then a longer one in 2024?

1 Like

It’s a lot. Like A LOT.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think so - 40-50 episodes, which might even just be an advance on the 2024 season.

There might be some logic too into breaking the year into 8-10 week runs with a brief break between them rather than an uninterupted run and lengthy break each year.

It’s much more. Much

2 Likes

Shane Isheev tweeted this afternoon that he would return to Neighbours as script producer.

1 Like

Zima Anderson (Roxy) has been confirmed as a contestant on the next series of SAS Australia. I was a little disappointed that she wasn’t returning but then I remembered she had left anyway! I guess it doesn’t totally discount a possible future return later down the track.

1 Like

The Melbourne event, hosted by Jennifer Hansen, will take place at Hamer Hall on Sunday, April 16 at 7.30pm. Tickets from Arts Centre Melbourne website.

https://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/whats-on/2023/talks-and-ideas/neighbours

Gosh a lot of old photos there