Neighbours

Speaking of Neighbours, when does filming begin? They did say it will resume filming “early in the year”? We haven’t really heard much, apart from the characters of Susan, Karl and Susan (and Paul?) returning… And no indication of how many episodes a week it will be airing in the second half of the year.

They said production will begin “early in the year” and “a world premiere slated for the second half of the year”. I did see April mentioned somewhere but I’m not sure if that’s when production or filming begins.

If filming starts in April, then the earliest we could possibly see it on screens would be July.

4 Likes

Filming will start in April according to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne. She also writes that 3 Pin Oak Court, which is known as Toadie’s home, is on the market via Docking Real Estate with an asking price of $1.275 million.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/beloved-ramsay-st-home-for-sale-ahead-of-neighbours-revival/news-story/56af97f1e6c9413eee58a94e3af88e76

https://www.domain.com.au/3-pin-oak-court-vermont-south-vic-3133-2017665224

2 Likes

With “Toadie’s house” for sale, this is a grab from the link above:

Um… hello… the show’s returning. Not winding up.

It’s always an interesting look to see what the houses really look like inside, and see it from the real owners aspect.

1 Like

I doubt they wrote that with the knowledge. It was probably from last year.

1 Like

I’m assuming they have the rights to film in the street again?

Nothing has been said yet. It could be costly to renegotiate though because at least one home owner hated them filming outside his house.

They could surely recreate stuff using CGI or something?

Good point. Strange question, but would they have to still pay the owner to use the image of the house, like they would if they used a CGI image of a person?

Doubt it. The house as IP isn’t going to be owned by the homeowner given they already have used the house right?

As long as they remain on public/council property they don’t need any owner permission. It’s up to the council.

1 Like

Would they use the same logo they used up until last year?

I hope not. I hate it.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be hoping that they use it as an opportunity to refresh the logo along with the (hopefully) newish look show.

1 Like

I remember when they refreshed the logo back in 2007 when the show made the move to HD.

That was the worst set of credits and logo we ever had IMO. I personally hope the look is similar to what it ended with. The cursive font is Neighbours.

4 Likes

I think that’s a cool font but probably not suited to Neighbours. I think thr original font and the last one we had were better suited to the show.

4 Likes

Current clip on TikTok. The house is currently not in the best condition. Very over grown lawns and gardens.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS85d9gKD/

1 Like

Surely they can use this break as a reset and move the whole street to a new more modern location. The houses in pin oak are all so dated and it really gives the show a daggy feel.

And rather than neighbours interacting they can make it co-workers because hardly anyone talks to their neighbours any more and it is all so dated and it really gives the show a daggy feel.

Oh wait, that would make it a completely now show - just like moving locations!

3 Likes