Neighbours

Neighbours rating compared to Comm Games opening ceremony.

Why would they put it up against the Comm Games? Silly move.

1 Like

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony was on Thursday night UK time, after the fourth last episode of Neighbours was shown on Channel 5. The double episode finale was shown on night 1 of Commonwealth Games competition.

He said he’d kill to work with Jackie Woodburne. Maybe he’ll give her a role on Doctor Who.

4 Likes

Would be great to see Neighbours veterans branch out now.

Steffin Dennis as the Master anyone??

Well Kylie Minogue starred alongside David Tennant in the 2007 Christmas Special, which was during Russel T Davies era, so anything is possible. :rofl:

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s not really a big thing here any more - it may be getting wall to wall coverage but it doesn’t feel like the event it was 8 years ago in Glasgow, which undoubtedly benefitted from a London bounce. The opening ceremony ratings say it all really.

Neighbours benefitted most from Gogglebox finishing the week before. That usually gets 3-4m viewers, the sort who when channel hoping would probably stick with the Neighbours finale.

Absolutely zero class, as we see from most anti-vaxxers. Fair enough to be upset she wasn’t invited back - and for me Karl and Sarah was a much bigger story than Karl and Izzy - but to just go on to diss everyones involvement and slam the performances shows exactly why they were right to shun her. I’m assusming she no longer works as an actress because if she does she’s obviously not thinking about crossing paths with any of the on-screen or off-screen Neighbours alumni moving forward. It’s those comments more likely to get her “cancelled”, not being unvaxxed.

6 Likes

The final official Neighbours set tour will take place this weekend, with the set to be dismantled in the next few days “for the next project” according to Fremantle.

Don’t know how accurate the article is. The studios have already been cleared of the internal sets. I can’t see them bulldozing the external sets on the backlot for another project when that land is set to be reclaimed.

1 Like

What about Recycling the Material used in the Erinsborough outcrops?

Especially for veterans like Jackie Woodburne and Stefan Dennis who has been working on Neighbours for so long. Although Russell T Davies wrote on Instagram on Friday that he would like to work with Jackie, it could be harder for Stefan to find another TV role given he could be stereotyped for playing a villain character for around 30 years, on and off.

He had other roles in the UK, in the years he was away. Anyway, Stefan has said publicly that he’d like to take it easy now, so he might not be after any long running roles in the future.

In New Zealand, Neighbours will air its last episode on September 2, in primetime.

3 Likes

About damn Time, we are so behind!! I’m glad they’re playing it in primetime.

He’s still in demand for voiceover work and presumably he can do that from home so win-win.

I’m surprised Kimberley Davies (played Annalise Hartman) didn’t make an appearance… as she was very popular in the early 90s.

Shes not in the showbiz world anymore and declined.

So she was asked?

Yep