Neighbours

Neighbours are filming scenes in London again for episodes to screen in early 2018.

Tim Kano who plays Leo Tanaka was seen filming scenes near Tower Bridge. Olympia Valance who plays Paige Smith and Mavournee Hazel who plays Piper Willis are also there right now but it’s unclear whether they are filming scenes too.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports comedian Joel Creasey has a guest role in Neighbours.

He’s also appearing in upcoming new Ten drama Sisters :roll_eyes:

Maybe he’s heading into acting as a new career move. Plenty of others have had success in that area such as Josh Thomas, Kitty Flanagan, Celia Pacquola, Lehmo, Luke McGregor.

1 Like

Viacom-owned Channel 5 has signed a new deal with FremantleMedia ensuring it continues on UK television. From 2018 the series will air year round with 258 episodes per year plus an undisclosed number of primetime specials.

1 Like

Has any Aussie show run year round before?

EP Jason Herbison was quoted as saying:

"Come the end of 2018 we will also make history by becoming the first Australian drama series to screen all year round.”

3 Likes

Good news for Neighbours fans but it means extra work for the cast and crew during the year.
It’s ironic that an American media outlet (Variety) reports on an Aussie soap.

Great news!
Now we just need to to move back to Ten and away from 11.

1 Like

Variety reports on entertainment news throughout the world. How is it ironic?

1 Like

Why?
You can just watch it on Eleven. Makes no difference.

I think they should run a repeat on Ten at 4pm every afternoon.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea.

I just don’t think moving the show to prime time on the main channel will do any help. It won’t rate. It would be a disaster.

Judging by the figures for last night’s wedding episode there isn’t a hope in hell that they’ll put it back on Ten.

I assume the writers are aiming their story lines at the UK audience because it seems the local audience isn’t buying the current drivel.

It will never go back to the main channel in primetime. Didn’t CBS hate the idea of Neighbours?

I think it was the opposite - they wanted/contracted for Neighbours on Eleven as long as they had a share in the channel.

That’s right. They wanted Neighbours as the jewel and at the start it really was. It was topping the multichannels every night. It’s still Eleven’s best performing show.

You have to also take into account that a lot of viewers watch the show on TenPlay too these days.

4 Likes

I searched through the VPM ratings on the oztam site and managed to find some figures for Neighbours. It has made the Top 5 and Top 10 when Ten hasn’t had their big programs scheduled. While the figures are ok, they are not spectacular.

But it might take into account those viewers who have dropped off this year. How do the kid’s shows on ABC2 compare?