Neighbours

What a mess. Probably better like this though for B&B being 4:30 consistently again.

The other thing to consider is that people can also watch the show on Amazon Prime with no ads and no intrusive on-screen advertising for 10’s other shows. I’ve given up watching on 10, mainly because of the giant full coloured ads for Amazing Race etc that stay on the screen for the whole show.

1 Like

As seen today

7 Likes

Neighbours not rating well at 4.30?

That’s one of the reasons. As posted by TVCynic in the daily ratings thread, yesterday The Bold and the Beautiful was 44th but Neighbours was 74th.

3 Likes

Rankings posted on most days show B and B is rating better at 4pm than Neighbours. B and B’s numbers seem to be about the same as before the change from 4,30pm so its audience is loyal.

Monday

Tuesday

Today:

2 Likes

You’d also think that neighbours would pick up viewers on 10 play for the 7 day window it’s on there. So the audience is very dispersed across three airings on broadcast then 10 play then prime video.

1 Like

Article from TVT with some numbers

Neighbours has appeared in some of the consolidated tables

One example for the early morning encore started at 23k and increased to 38k.

1 Like

From my understanding Neighbours has improved 10s morning schedule though?

Yes - for its timeslot. It doesn’t seem to have any flow on effect.

Also the 4pm timeslot is doing better with Bold :smile:

1 Like

What’s that say about Studio 10?

One comment on that TVT article I like.

1 Like

I still think over non ratings they should try it on 10 at 6pm or 6:30

2 Likes

A new 4.30pm airing (4.00pm from next week), and repeated at 6.30pm on 10Peach, 9.30am the following morning on 10, and a four-episode “marathon” on 10Peach on Saturdays from 9am, as well as on Amazon Freevee a few days later.

Too many options for the fans of Neighbours, and perhaps why the numbers are even lower than what it was getting last year prior to the shows axing? Sometimes, less is more?

1 Like

I don’t think it matters how it airs. It might dilute one audience but there’s so many options that they’re still selling advertising around it. So the total Audience for an episode would be way more than the I ital 4:30 airing.

3 Likes

All good points there you make that i didn’t think of. Has cleared a few points from my end.

I doubt they would be selling spots into Neoghbours for much of a return at 4:30 and now 4pm. Advertisers would go for Bold over ut

1 Like

Not entirely surprising. I think a few members on here mentioned this as a possibility a few weeks back.

Do we know how it’s faring over in the UK?

It has been a Top 10 streaming show on FreeVee since it started and yesterday it made it to No. 1 for the first time.

5 Likes