NBN News

2 Likes

A 30 year anniversary special of the earthquake is in production at Nine.

7 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

They had a 5 minute look back Last night at how NBN3 News covered the earthquake on the night it happened. There’s features all this week.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s great that NBN have archived this. Not many regional stations have anything left from the past, but I guess it was a significant event.

I often wondered if NBN got a bulletin on the air that night. From what I was told they were off the air for most of the day and resumed broadcasting by mid-afternoon.

6 Likes

Yes they did, the first half hour or so was almost solely about the earthquake, it was an excellent coverage particularly given the time of year.

3 Likes

Anyone in NBN-land to say who’s presenting this year’s Christmas Day bulletin? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Tyson Cottrill.

Just the usual one local report about Christmas services in Newcastle for the whole viewing area.

4 Likes

Some weather caps from tonight.

The overnight temps for today are mostly wrong.

They’ve done this in previous years too - I don’t know why Applethorpe gets a mention when its in the regional QLD TV market, and that it’s only listed in the today temps and not tomorrows.

!

4 Likes

I believe a lot of it went to the Newcastle Museum’s Earthquake collection

5 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

The documentary is on 9Now
https://www.9now.com.au/the-newcastle-earthquake

6 Likes

Christmas Day bulletin:

8 Likes

I just found these on Facebook.

Same story, NBN vs TCN

NBN:

TCN:

2 Likes

Some caps of the Earthquake doco:

6 Likes
2 Likes

It was good to see NBN News cross live to Channel 9 reporters at the RFS headquarters and a reporter at Batemans Bay.

It looks like the Batemans Bay reporter couldn’t hear Tyson and was looking off screen for a queue to start talking, it seemed like they were supposed to play a package at the end of the cross but it didn’t play so he abruptly threw to a break after a small pause.

5 Likes