NBN News

More than likely they sell ad space to GPT’s shopping centres across Sydney without exclusions / opt outs for those outside of the metro area.

4 Likes

I work for oOh! and each retail centre we sell can be sold separately and the client chooses/approves the locations they want to run in at the time of booking. This is possibly just a Bonus panel running as part of a larger booking or Nine/NBN have specifically allocated a TCN creative to be running on that particular panel in Charlestown.

2 Likes
1 Like

It would be great if NBN News studio was set up on the ground floor of this building. Just like 9 Plaza in Perth. People can look in the windows & watch the news https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6391630/hunter-street-office-building-wins-council-planning-approval/

2 Likes

Nice building, but that part of the Newcastle CBD isn’t particularly attractive or has much pedestrian traffic. It’s not like Martin Place in Sydney where 7 has something like that.

A ground floor location in Honeysuckle would better.

1 Like

As much as it’d be great if their new home was at a street level location in the heart of Newcastle, realistically I’m expecting the future of NBN News to be a Southern NSW/ACT-like product presented from a broom cupboard studio at North Sydney.

3 Likes

Adelaide has a ground floor news set with windows looking in. But if the curtains aren’t closed, the windows are covered with advertising…

1 Like

You mean a Vanessa-type of presenter plus using Sydney weather presenters instead of the current NBN one and all other elements from Nine News Regional in the south? That would mean a big blow to regional TV, I suppose.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Southern NSW still use the NBN weather presenters?

yes

1 Like

But I’m concerned as well to the weather segment. Yeah, NBN News provides weather for all of Regional NSW, ACT and the Gold Coast. Yet, if Nine chose to close off NBN News’ prestige in mainland regional TV journalism upon the Sydney’s facilities transfer to North Sydney, and place Northern NSW into Nine Sydney’s news control, would the capital city mentioned keep Gavin or would they instead find new one? (That’s a hanging question not in need of an answer yet.)

Given Gavin’s apparent dislike for Nine’s HQ and Sydney in general, even if he was offered a transfer to North Sydney keeping his current role, that suggests to me that he wouldn’t take it.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1m7i_YgolD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2iwrdugvW7/

5 Likes

NBN News aired FOUR Newcastle items in a row tonight near the top of bulletin (immediately before the various local news windows).

Another example of the problem that doing a network wide regional bulletin with local windows can encounter, particularly when the amount of local content between regions is inequitable.

NBN may be better off moving a couple of those reports further into the bulletin to lessen the impact of the Newcastle flavour for northern viewers. Though this won’t be as palatable to Newcastle viewers.

4 Likes

Given the ratings landscape for NBN News, I doubt this will change any time soon.

2 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Morning edition was able to be received in Sydney via the Bouddi relay.

9 Likes

wow they don’t use that coverup on the morning edition in Newcastle. So they must use it on the Central Coast to be different from Nine Sydney.

The only time they use that coverup is to cover up the Sydney branded afternoon edition.

Nine news now isn’t covered.

4 Likes

The only time I’ve seen that cover up on NBN Central Coast is the 4pm weekday bulletin (but not 11.30 or 3pm) - the same as Newcastle. I’ve never been up early enough to check the 5am bulletin!

2 Likes